Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 out of 5 times my headlight will come on when I start my bike, and when it doesn't, switching off/on and bumping the starter button a couple of times usually gets it working again. I was looking for the "Headlight Delay Switch" and can't seem to find it with the help of the Kawasaki or Clymer's Manual. Is the Headlight Delay Switch a part of the Fuse Box?

The bike had a charging problem but the parts were recently replaced over the winter by the previous owner. No trouble keeping the new battery charged. Wanted to look at the Headlight Delay Switch connections but can't find much on its location.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Looking at my Kawi service manual, on page 15-36, there is a drawing of the headlight circuit.
It shows the headlight relay in the junction box....

I think that is what you're looking for.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Yup, sounds like a sticky relay in the Junction Box. It can be repaired but is a major hassle to do so. I only know of one individual here who has claimed to be successful. Most others have destroyed the junction box and had to replace it.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Yup, sounds like a sticky relay in the Junction Box. It can be repaired but is a major hassle to do so. I only know of one individual here who has claimed to be successful. Most others have destroyed the junction box and had to replace it.
Make that two individuals. :) I've also added a relay from a bad junction box (corroded circuit board) to a EN500 junction box; it's the same circuit board but without the middle relay installed.

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
That's great, you'll have to tell me how you did it. My radiator fan relay is dead and I don't want to have to replace the rest of the junction box if I can fix the stupid thing. The relay would be easy to replace once the box is apart but I'm a bit leary of ripping the rubber backing off and destroying it all in the process.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
It's the relay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts