Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Just helped my son get his first bike. '98 with 6000 miles on it. When I drove it the other night it seemed to have the headlight upside down as compared to my Voyager. Low beam was high and far infront of me and High beam was on the ground right in front of the bike. Is this normal for this bike? If not what may be the issue?
Ken In Orlando:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Hello,
Just helped my son get his first bike. '98 with 6000 miles on it. When I drove it the other night it seemed to have the headlight upside down as compared to my Voyager. Low beam was high and far infront of me and High beam was on the ground right in front of the bike. Is this normal for this bike? If not what may be the issue?
Ken In Orlando:confused:
Not right. The lens is marked " top" , make sure it is on top. The lense frame also has a tab at the 1:00 position that slides under a ridge on the inside of the headlight bucket at 1:00 position. The proper adjustment is: Sitting on the bike, measure from the ground to the middle of the headlight. Put this measurement on a wall and move the bike back 25 feet ( flat surface). Turn on the high beam. The brightest spot should be 2" below your mark.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Maybe the bulb was installed upside down?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took it apart and took a quick look. I cant find anything wrong. Lense was in correctly. Bulb only goes in one way. Housing can only mount one way. When I have more time I will check the wiring. Maybe I'll post some pictures of the light pattern to make sure I'm not crazy.
Ken in Orlando

1 - 5 of 5 Posts