Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the head lamp indicator light stop working everything els is working i tested the bulb it is good i have no clue why it stop working

i have 2 blue 12v live wires in inside the head light area not sure what they go to

any ideas

·
Registered
442 Posts
The two blue wires were designed to go to the running lights in the two front indicators. They are live battery volts with ignition on, so need insulating. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the head lamp indicator light, do you mean the blue main beam indicator ?

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
the headlight indicator failure light... it should glow a stead light luminescence. if it isn't illuminating, it usually means stator failure. if it glows bright then you have a failed high beam or low beam, depending on if the high or low beams are in use.

HEAD LAMP:If either the high or low
beam burns out, the reserve lighting
system switches over to the remaining
filament automatically, and lights the
headlight failure indicator light to show
that the headlight bulb must be replaced.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the headlight indicator failure light... it should glow a stead light luminescence. if it isn't illuminating, it usually means stator failure. if it glows bright then you have a failed high beam or low beam, depending on if the high or low beams are in use.

'it usually means stator failure" i just put a new one in from tim i am getting 14.3v from it so i am sure that's not it i hope

the light is off nothing but the headlight is on and high works to.

could there still be something wrong with the headlight bulb

what makes the light come on maybe i have a wire out or .... :(

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Head light works on both hi and low beam? And the whit light is off?

I noticed that you installed a MOFSET r/r, this could be the reason the light no longer illuminates. If the headlight works, I wouldn't worry about it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
The headlight works, I wouldn't worry about it

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Head light works on both hi and low beam? And the whit light is off?

I noticed that you installed a MOFSET r/r, this could be the reason the light no longer illuminates. If the headlight works, I wouldn't worry about it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
The headlight works, I wouldn't worry about it

"I noticed that you installed a MOFSET r/r, this could be the reason the light no longer illuminates. If the headlight works, I wouldn't worry about it."

i have had the MOFSET r/r for a long time and it worked but i guess it dose not mater if everything is working

just hate things not working like they should

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
I have the MOSFET and the headlight failure indicator light glows dimly. I was just about to ask if it's supposed to do that. Now I know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts