Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in dire need of a bolt that broke off when I tried to install it. Luckily I was able to get it out of the engine front cylinder head. The part # is:

130A BOLT-FLANGED 130P0675

I am looking into getting this locally. I went to autozone and discount tire, but no luck. I went to two kawasaki dealership but they do not carry these. They say it needs to be special ordered. I ordered this part on ronayers three days ago but damn it, still no shipping confirmation. So my question is where can I find this locally? Lowes? Home Depot perhaps? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
194 Posts
if i were you, i would wait for the correct part. you MAY be able to find the right SIZE at fastenall or a similair local fastener store (they do sell retail) but you need the correct HARDNESS or grade of bolt, or you will be riding a ticking time bomb. better to wait a couple days than have catastrophic motor failure from using the wrong grade of bolt!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i were you, i would wait for the correct part. you MAY be able to find the right SIZE at fastenall or a similair local fastener store (they do sell retail) but you need the correct HARDNESS or grade of bolt, or you will be riding a ticking time bomb. better to wait a couple days than have catastrophic motor failure from using the wrong grade of bolt!!
Thanks for the heads up. I took the hardness into account. I was able to find a correct size bolt at lowes that had the same hardness.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
I am in dire need of a bolt that broke off when I tried to install it. Luckily I was able to get it out of the engine front cylinder head. The part # is:

130A BOLT-FLANGED 130P0675

I am looking into getting this locally. I went to autozone and discount tire, but no luck. I went to two kawasaki dealership but they do not carry these. They say it needs to be special ordered. I ordered this part on ronayers three days ago but damn it, still no shipping confirmation. So my question is where can I find this locally? Lowes? Home Depot perhaps? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
That's a m6x75, probably grade 8

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe it is that same exact spec except that the bolt was not flanged. I just used a 6mm SS washer.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
The metric grade will be marked on the bolt head as 8.8 or 9.8 or 10.8.

A grade 8 SAE or USS bolt will have grade markings indicated by 6 lines radiating out toward the edge from the center of the bolt head.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts