Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I currently have the stock mufflers on the bike, previously the clamps that go to the goats belly both cracked at the welds so I took the opportunity to fully gut out the mufflers before I JB welded them back on. I dig the sound and like the fact that the bike still looks stock. Unfortunately the right side did not hold and it’s cracked again. Before I take it off and remove the old JB off to try an reconnect it I decided to explore the alternatives. The only full set of pipes I’ve found were a set of Jardines, they don’t look bad but I just bought a new seat and not looking to spend $300 for pipes just yet. I’ve seen multiple posts in the past about HD muffs for either a Sportster or Dyna and I found a cheap set. My question is what is that perpendicular open port on the inlets for? Trying to understand what I’m looking at before I entertain buying anything
Thanks

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
The port is for a crossover or like an H pipe to tie both pipes together. Would have to weld that closed or possibly fit a pipe onto the ports. Easier to get some without the crossover.

·
Registered
8,852 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would these stil go on the GB? Or right on the headers? I’m asking because of the length of the muffs.

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
Would these stil go on the GB? Or right on the headers? I’m asking because of the length of the muffs.
Should fit either way. Doc put Screamin Eagles on his, maybe a different style, if you can find pics of his other vn, not Bessie, should be able to see what he did. Or shoot him a pm.

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it. I think I have enough info to be dangerous now. If I go right off the headers than I may think about changing the heat shields too. Decisions decisions...

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,324 Posts
Sorry for the delay, been very busy. I bolted mine straight to the headers. My goat's belly looked kinda like the goat ate a bunch of nails. If I get time I'll get up some pics

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,324 Posts
With screaming eagles

Reactions: Spockster and mmart

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,324 Posts
Used flat stock to hang them from the stock rear mounts. She sounded awesome

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry for the delay, been very busy. I bolted mine straight to the headers. My goat's belly looked kinda like the goat ate a bunch of nails. If I get time I'll get up some pics

No worries at all man, appreciate the follow up. I made what I’m calling the last repair to these stock mufflers and if they break again. I’m going this route.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,324 Posts
No worries at all man, appreciate the follow up. I made what I’m calling the last repair to these stock mufflers and if they break again. I’m going this route.
They sound incredible...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts