Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever been driving along in your car, and you end up behind another biker...?

...and found yourself automatically drifting over to the right so you are riding in a staggered file...

...and then barely realized it just before you ran the right wheels of your car off the side of the road...?

:doh:

...I have...

:cool:

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
wakey wakey that kind of daydreaming is dangerous.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Haven't done that but I have moved over to the right side of my lane to give bikers behind me a better view of whats ahead and to not cause wind disturbances to them on my left and right.

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
I've not found myself drifting over to take position, but I have found myself on numerous occasions allllllmost sticking my left arm out to wave.
I think motorcycle riders are safer cage drivers. I still find myself looking for everything as if I was on two wheels.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Ever been driving along in your car, and you end up behind another biker...?

...and found yourself automatically drifting over to the right so you are riding in a staggered file...

...and then barely realized it just before you ran the right wheels of your car off the side of the road...?

:doh:

...I have...

:cool:
Nope, never done that. Sorry about your luck though. Any major damage or where you just on the shoulder?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Never done the drifting but do wave. Hell I still wave to Jeeps and haven't had my 70' Cj5 for 8 yrs now. lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
nope, never done that-about the closest i have come was ridng a bike and sidecar for several months and then forgetting to put a foot down at a junction when I got back on a solo...caught it just in time!

·
Registered
175 Posts
never done that, i just wanta toss out the wave but my seat sits low in my car so may arm wouldnt be point down at the ground, it would be like a 45degree upward angle lol

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
I think you might be on your own with this one lol.

My driving has changed though since I started riding. I'm constantly in my mirrors (side mirrors mostly), stop a generous distance behind the vehicle in front of me, constantly looking around for trouble and always keep back a safe distance from a bike in front of me.

I also find myself wanting to give a wave when passing a bike when I'm in the car.

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, never done that. Sorry about your luck though. Any major damage or where you just on the shoulder?
Oh, I never ran off the road. Just noticed when I got over near the shoulder. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts