Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I just cruise, it seems that my bike is lacking power. When i haul ass, something kicks in, and it runs like a stripped ape. Any suggestions?:baby:

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Can you tell us about the bike? Is it stock? If not, what mods have you done?

Jon

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
What do ya mean 'just cruise' mph wise?
If you're cruising at about 50mph in 5th gear, then just twist the throttle hard, and it doesn't seem to have any pick-up to it, downshift before ya twist.
I'm guessing ya don't have the rpm's up enough for the power you may be expecting.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
yeah give us more info.... what rpms the bike sitting at, what mods, when did u last seafoam....

·
Registered
90 Posts
One thing to look for, as I found out this weekend, is the right side front cylinder spark plug cable (don't know how old is your bike but mine is about 13 year old) and the rubber boot was cracked and the high voltage was jumping from the spark plug cable to the throttle cable (is surrounded by some wire protection) but only does it a low RPM's. After putting some electrical tape around it (temporary fix) I have more power specially at 2000 RPM's or so. This could be what you are experiencing...
Just my idea...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My bikes an '86.Idle at about 1100. It seems to me,that the right,front spark plug,is the culprit.I might check the boot.Could just be a bad plug.I'd like to put racing [yellow] wire's on it.I think it would be really sharp looking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts