Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed lance has been awol for a while. Has he taken a break from all the questions and "hey lances"?? lol Im sure he is busy working on projects as most of us do and maybe more where he is one of the top gurus on here.

At any rate I hope he gets to ride some because all work and no play will make lance a dull boy. lol

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Lance is around... check on here late at night and you will see that he is lurking... I know he has a few big project going on in his garage...

But Ron please grace us with your presence soon... there are a lot of noobs on here needing your expertise in the fuel and exhaust systems.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After posting this I got thinking lance has done 1 of 2 things. (yes I have too much time on my hands.) lol

1) He has admitted to himself that he is a VN750.com junky and addmitted himself into rehab. Lance rehab is for quitters! lol

2) He is setting back on a mountain of VN750s and hot women and observing all of us that he has taken under his wing and given his enlightened guidence and help to in hopes that we can lighten his load of questions and answers. Ahh good grasshoppers!

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
Or he has gone on a long vacation, I heard that his brother was getting out of Prison & I guess there is No Love lost between them.

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
After posting this I got thinking lance has done 1 of 2 things. (yes I have too much time on my hands.) lol

1) He has admitted to himself that he is a VN750.com junky and addmitted himself into rehab. Lance rehab is for quitters! lol

2) He is setting back on a mountain of VN750s and hot women and observing all of us that he has taken under his wing and given his enlightened guidence and help to in hopes that we can lighten his load of questions and answers. Ahh good grasshoppers!
you forgot the ice cold beer

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
Seems that Wileysden has also took a leave.
The last I remember Lance(Ron) was fixing his(Dave's) bike that was wrecked.
Now the two are AWOL..............Hummmmmmmmmm!

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Seems that Wileysden has also took a leave.
The last I remember Lance(Ron) was fixing his(Dave's) bike that was wrecked.
Now the two are AWOL..............Hummmmmmmmmm!
And Dave mentioned to me they were headed up this way later a coupla weeks ago,JT you may be onto something.

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
And Dave mentioned to me they were headed up this way later a coupla weeks ago,JT you may be onto something.
Why is "Wild Hogs" suddenly running through my mind.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
I'm back!!! :beerchug:

I have alot going on and no time for fun, I will try to get to all the PM's in the next couple of days.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

I have come to the conclusion that I need to learn how to use more of the basic functions of the computer in order to save, sort and find technical articles relating to mc service, maintenance, repairs and mods that I will need later. A lot of the articles like a spline lube, fork service, ear shaves etc should be printed to hard copy and saved as a hard copy to supplement the service manual.

It is too easy to become too reliant on our go-to-guys, like lance, and then be stuck for answers when they are not around.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have come to the conclusion that I need to learn how to use more of the basic functions of the computer in order to save, sort and find technical articles relating to mc service, maintenance, repairs and mods that I will need later. A lot of the articles like a spline lube, fork service, ear shaves etc should be printed to hard copy and saved as a hard copy to supplement the service manual.

It is too easy to become too reliant on our go-to-guys, like lance, and then be stuck for answers when they are not around.
Hey, OlHoss, glad to see you're doing a little better and are able to post; I thought some of these guys were going to mount up and head your way.

BTW I've created a folder on my desktop for maintenance/mod documents. I copy/paste them there. They seem to be better formatted IMO for reading. I haven't printed them yet, buy I've considered creating a notebook with them along with the downloaded manual and parts book. Welcome back!

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts

I use OpenOffice.org office sweet to coppy all of my tech info into then export it to PDF file format. from there I save the info into the appropriate Motorcycle folder.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Glad you're still around, Ron! I was starting to wonder myself!

Hope all is well! Please call or write if you need anything!

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Why is "Wild Hogs" suddenly running through my mind.
LOL, Dave refers to us as Wild Hogs all time when we are planning a ride.

·
carbon unit
369 Posts
Lance?
I seen em at Golden Corral just the other day.
Hey, what's the big deal.
...Just salad crackers.
;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts