Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,943 Posts
Appears to be selling the left and right mounts (that the pegs and exhaust bolt to) along with the floorboards.

The floorboards themselves are not a Vulcan accessory, you can see someone simply bolted them to the stock peg, much like mine were, but not as nicely.

I like the photos showing the rusty bottoms....;)

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
A guy at the local bike night had a pair similar to those that are supposed to fit any metric cruiser. They have a small bit of light surface rust, but not near as much as the back of those in the EBay ad.

The rubber on one is worn a bit more than the other. I assume if was on the left side and and was subject to a 90* foot twisting motion when mounting and dismounting the bike. They just need a little cleaning and polishing up before going on the bike.

I gave him ten bucks for them, but have not yet tried to put 'em on in place of my front pegs.

I also have a recently acquired F&S engine guard with Kury offset pegs to go on too.
Not sure if there is going to be room for both floorboards and guard. :(

Edit: Well I just took the so called universal floorboards out to the bike and they do not fit either front or back. The mounting shaft is too small as is the hole for the retaining bolt. The boards themselves also project too far forward and interfere with the shift and brake levers. :(:(

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
I don't understand the fascination for floor boards. My Dad's 1500 Nomad has them and I think they suck. I am accustomed to being to drop my feet straight down w/o anything in the way. I like pegs and will stick with them.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I don't understand the fascination for floor boards. My Dad's 1500 Nomad has them and I think they suck. I am accustomed to being to drop my feet straight down w/o anything in the way. I like pegs and will stick with them.
I have never ridden with floorboards, but almost everyone here who has put the Knifemaker designed ones on the bike has seemed to like them.

On any ride longer than my 20 minute commute to work I need to be able to move my feet around more than the pegs allow. I was hoping the floorboards would help in that regard while keeping my feet near the shifter and brake lever in traffic. The highway pegs will give an opportunity to stretch out a bit when on the highway or in light traffic.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I like the photos showing the rusty bottoms....
At least Manuel is honest....he's a Buckeye too...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts