Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Dad has the 35th aniversary harley (can I say that word on here?) and at 6000 miles his rear tire is worn slap out.......his mechanic was tellin him that downshifting will cause the tire to wear out quicker.......I down shift and I have had no luck at all with tires......I am on my 4th set at 27,000 miles, I have gottin more miles out of the origional Bridgestones, I am running the Elite 3's now hopefully I will have better luck with them.

Bartman

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Well, if ya downshift fast and hard and use ALOT of engine braking, I can see it causing some additional wear to the tire. Just like starting out hard on the throttle alot will wear out a tire quicker.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Krawdad7 said:
Boy that (harley)must have had some really cheap tires.....
Probably made in Japan:doh:

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
lol.... i thought i told harley that chinese tires really suck.... but seriously though... was he running the right pressure. if it was too low, since harley are heavy as, well you know what, it would have caused extra heat in the tire, causing it to wear faster. Other than that, tell him to try a different brand. To my understanding metzs will almost run for ever lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts