Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took some front turn signals and placed them at the rear. Hooked up the running light wiring and the turn signal wires accordingly. Then cut some red lences from trailer light lences drilled holes for the holding screws. Now I have dual purpose light at the rear as the front.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will as soon as I get my camera back. It is on vacation to california with my wife and son.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I took some front turn signals and placed them at the rear. Hooked up the running light wiring and the turn signal wires accordingly. Then cut some red lences from trailer light lences drilled holes for the holding screws. Now I have dual purpose light at the rear as the front.
I I bought a Priority Module that converts the turn signals to running lights. It also flashes 3 times when I first apply the brakes. Then I put LED rear light to take some pressure off the stator.

http://www.vn750.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=520

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
The only problem may be state regulations. Turn signals are usually required to be Amber, brake lights required to be red.
You may get ticketed for red turn signals.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I think thats only front turn signals that are required to be amber, rear can be either red or amber. The reason is that there are several makes and models of cars/trucks with red.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Even the brake light can be any color from amber to red. the rear running light must be red. Turn signal can be red. I inspect auto mobile at work.
However; for my own use I would prefer red brake lights.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think thats only front turn signals that are required to be amber, rear can be either red or amber. The reason is that there are several makes and models of cars/trucks with red.
I think your right. I see cars all the time with red directional’s in the rear. I have had mine for over a year and have never been questioned.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I did the same thing. Installed a set of front signals on the back hooked up the factory wires for the turn signals and added a wire to the running light wiring of the turn signal light. I have smoke lenses with red LED's and added a 4" long LED under the reflector of the tool box and two LED license plate bolts. I have a clear tail light lens with two 36 LED bulbs. It's really bright back there.

·
Registered
165 Posts
T/S mod

I took the T/S off the front and put VN800 T/S on when I put the Fats W/S on. I put them on the a license plate bracket and made running/brake lights out of them with smoke lenses and LED lighting. Pic link is in my signature and pictures are in the gallery also.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My license plate bolt lights come on and blink when the brake light is on. I am color blind so I can not really tell what color they are.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts