Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 sets of stock slip on pipes one set is off a 2007 sportster & the other set is off a softtail the softtail pipes have had some drilling on the baffles 30 bucks a set if any one has a use for them there both in great shape.

·
Newb with a Bullet!
589 Posts
Very interested and get paid at midnight!

I take it either of these would bolt on to the stock pipes on the VN750, replacing the OEM muffler, right?

Have any pics so I can see which I like better? Will I need to create some sort of bracket to mount them?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Very interested and get paid at midnight!

I take it either of these would bolt on to the stock pipes on the VN750, replacing the OEM muffler, right?

Have any pics so I can see which I like better? Will I need to create some sort of bracket to mount them?
same here i was wondering the same thing?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe I saw a post around here about some one putting Harley pipes on there bike to be honest I have not tried it so I am not sure. I just know some people like trying new things so I figured I would throw it out there. The pipes are at my buddys house right now we took them off his bikes Sunday I will get him to send me some pics of them they both look the same except the softtail pipes are about 2 inches longer.

·
Newb with a Bullet!
589 Posts
I am probably more interested in the shorter set. If you could also get him to measure the diameter, that will tell me what I need to know. Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem I will get the measurments from him it will probably be tomorrow though unless he checks his email tonight.

·
Newb with a Bullet!
589 Posts
No problems. Whenever is fine.

Also, if anyone can use these Honda Valkyrie tips I have in my garage which I bought for the same reason let me know. They are for sale or trade. They are too big to make use of on the VN750 unless you're more clever than I. Maybe you know more than I do or maybe you have a different bike to put them on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Krebsne, Are you saying that those pipes fit a vn750? And if so you must have to make some kinda hard wear to make them fit rite?

·
Newb with a Bullet!
589 Posts
No, I'm saying I could NOT make them fit. My bike was at a friends getting ear shaved when I bought them and just took a chance. Turns out they are way too big in diameter unless well you know something I don't know about joining metal. I would think someone would have better luck using them an a different bike. My understanding is that other Vulcans will take them and that it's a common mod. Valkyrie riders often buy aftermarket pipes and the stock tips are frequently placed on other bikes.

I took a chance they might work on the VN750. I couldn't do it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is what my friend sent me. pipes with heat shield are for softail 2000-up, 24 1/4" overall and 1 3/4" ID drilled baffle, need good cleaning.

2004-up sportster pipes are 22 3/4" overall and 1 3/4" ID baffle not drilled, also need good cleaning some small piting.

sorry pics not that good, did give them a quick cleaning.
I do not know how to get the pics to post but if any one in interested email me at [email protected] & I can reply back with the pictures. Also keep in mind that these pipes were on the same side on harleys so they have a hole where there was a balance tube that would need plugged.

·
Newb with a Bullet!
589 Posts
I JUST BOUGHT A SET LOCALLY OFF CRAIGSLIST FOR $20!!

I'm so stoked!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts