Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
18 7/8" (48 cm) puts me at the bottom of the oil filter.

That puts me about 5 1/2 below the engine mounts.

Width comes in at 11 1/2". A bit more than an inch shorter than the 12 5/8 (32cm) of the bars. It looks doable.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,363 Posts
Wolfie made forward controls for Bessie. I'll take some pics later

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,363 Posts
This is how Wolfie did forwards on Bessie

Edit-this mod also reverses your shift pattern

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
What am I looking at here, Doc? A splined shift rod on the right side of the bike? Stomp on the left to upshift, stomp on the right to downshift?

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Forward mount brake pedal?
I got so thrown off by that bracket and rod that I missed the brake cable dropping back behind the plate. Guess I just expected any brake cable would be extended instead of a linkage. Our bikes do have a little circle on the right side of the case that looks like it might vaguely line up with the other end of the shift rod, and I wondered if that had gotten drilled out. Someone somewhere did something similar to that to fix their broken interior linkage, extending the shaft with the pawl on it out the right side. I can't recall where they took it from there.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,363 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,363 Posts
I got so thrown off by that bracket and rod that I missed the brake cable dropping back behind the plate. Guess I just expected any brake cable would be extended instead of a linkage. Our bikes do have a little circle on the right side of the case that looks like it might vaguely line up with the other end of the shift rod, and I wondered if that had gotten drilled out. Someone somewhere did something similar to that to fix their broken interior linkage, extending the shaft with the pawl on it out the right side. I can't recall where they took it from there.
Yes he made a rod that uses the factory brake setup

21 - 28 of 28 Posts