Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike came to me with what I believe is a very custom hardtail conversion. Does anyone else have their bike set up like this? Essentially instead of the rear shock assembly on each side I have a one inch square tube between the shock bolt points. whoever did it made it look good though. Good welds, both ends of the shaft have rubber bushings, all and all it looks almost like it could have been stock.

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
My bike came to me with what I believe is a very custom hardtail conversion. Does anyone else have their bike set up like this? Essentially instead of the rear shock assembly on each side I have a one inch square tube between the shock bolt points. whoever did it made it look good though. Good welds, both ends of the shaft have rubber bushings, all and all it looks almost like it could have been stock.
:worthless

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
This maxin was mine at one time. It was set up like that. It had 1/2 in. clearence between the tire and fender. I could not use it, to hard on my back.

·
Registered
721 Posts
nite rider! I was looking at a stock maxim 650 like that for a project... but had to walk away.. that's similar to what i had in mind too...

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I have got to say that I just do not understand why anyone would take a bike with a perfectly functional rear suspension system, and modify it to a "hardtail". I`m with you niterider, give me the best ride you can, don`t try to break my back. This seems to me to be the equivilent of changing from a zipper fly on my jeans, back to a button up one. I know they have a clean classic look that is much desired, but at the expense of how much comfort? What a great time to be alive, eh? We can each choose to ride a bike that suits our wants and needs, no matter what anybody else thinks, including me!! So pay your money and your time and build what you like, it`s your back on there, not mine. Ride On

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
My po had installed solid struts in place of the shocks. I then went one step further and modified the rear frame to resemble a true rigid frame. Here's the result.

Here's the whole build thread.

http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5385

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
This seems to me to be the equivilent of changing from a zipper fly on my jeans, back to a button up one. I know they have a clean classic look that is much desired, but at the expense of how much comfort?
Have you ever been caught in that zipper?.... Now how appealing is that button fly? lol:doh:

·
Louder IS better!
289 Posts
I love how it goes from hardtail bikes to getting your junk stuck in a zipper...threads like this are why i love this site.

Reactions: kanuck69

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same kit on my bike i dont know where they came from but i LOVE them . the feel of a hardtail on the road is the only way to go :D

·
Super Moderator
11,858 Posts
I have the same kit on my bike i dont know where they came from but i LOVE them . the feel of a hardtail on the road is the only way to go :D
How's that go..?..."The bigger the cushion, the better the push'n.."

Here in the pot holed rock pile they call city streets... I'll take all the "cushion" you can give me. My 56 year old bones appreciate a nice compliant suspension.

Maybe hardtails are for riders with big asses??? ;)

KM

·
Registered
335 Posts
as soon as i finish my bobber it is going up for sale. the only reason i am building a bobber is to recoup my money from my totaled bike. the rear of my frame was un repairable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts