Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my 2003 Vulcan 750. But is there a secret to adding air to the rear tire? It seems most hoses at the gas stations are difficult to connect to the back tire.

I finally got one on, but it was a hassle. Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem.

Safe riding!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I bought a digital pressure gauge that can be placed onto the valve stem sideways...almost a 90 degree bend. I also bought a small powered air compressor with a similar connector and locks onto the stem. I don't usually go to gas stations as I have had similar problems so bought my own.

·
Registered
83 Posts
r&s said:
... is there a secret to adding air to the rear tire? It seems most hoses at the gas stations are difficult to connect to the back tire...
Like Whistle, I have been able to do all of my air work at my home shop. If most of the stations in your area have the dual wheel type air chuck on their hoses, I can see the problem you're having. The same thing will probably happen to me the first time I need air on the road.

If you're having to add air to your rear tire regularly, maybe you're getting ready to replace the tire? What about considering a rubber stem in your wheel instead of the metal stem? It might add the flexibility needed to use the dual wheel type chucks. Suzuki Marauders have rubber stems.

CD in Frederick, OK

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had similar problems until I got a 90 degree valve stem. Put it in when I replaced the rear tire. Works like a charm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts