Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone out there made theirs into hard tail how does it handle around fast turns what about bumpy ones?

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Ive built many hardtails, but never a VN750...problem, is that the driveshaft housing is also the left swingarm. I think over time, hardtailing it could damage it.
As for hardtails in general and cornering....well....about 40% less than a softtail, unless youre on a mirror smooth track. Most hardtailers run the rear tire a little low on pressure to compensate.
What many have done is to replace the shocks with shorter, solid struts. Cheap and easy. That way you can try it without cutting and welding the frame.

·
Banned
2,190 Posts
Wolfie pretty much nailed it. Likewise I have no experience with a lite weight hard tail, Mine were ridged frame Harley's.

Trying to remember if I have ever seem fast curve and hardtail in the same sentence.

If you took the bore out 5mm, did you use Nikasil liners?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
could have gone bigger sleeve but 5mm over is match to racing pistons of 883 harley not that they didnt needed machine shop for pin hole and cut skirts.Top end shaved,blocked shaved,and running thinner brass flange.Also wired two more brushes to starter so i can crank it over,compression at 185 psi.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts