Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,
I am considering hard bags for my '93 VN750. Any suggestions as to your favorites?

I am also looking into getting a windshield that extends to cover the front of my hands, or possibly a full fairing. Again, do any of you have these and have any opinions on them?

Thanks

'93 VN750 - Stock (so far)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sorry I can't be more helpful on either item but I do have a National Cycle windshield (cruiser type) on my bike and like it. Seem's to be well made. They also have a shield like your thinking of on their website in case your interested in looking.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The only hard bags ready made are LeatherLykes for about $500 to your door.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
Hgree, i tried searching for the VN750 and i couldnt find anything... can you give me a hand cause i really like the style

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
sorry i meant for the leatherLykes, my error

·
Registered
165 Posts
Leatherlyke Site

Hizzo3 said:
Hgree, i tried searching for the VN750 and i couldnt find anything... can you give me a hand cause i really like the style
Here is the website: http://www.hoese.com/index.cfm for leatherlyke. The cross country size is the only one available.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
OHHHH thank you so much...that just went on the wish list..... btw, the do have the contemp style too it is part number t426

thank you much

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
*S* I see you are in NJ Kornolio, which might account for you not seeing a need for a windshield. I say that because you probably haven't dealt with the pelt of a swarm of gnats while cruising across wide open spaces or had to get a death grip on your handlebars so the wind wouldn't push you off the back of your bike. Windshields are a personal choice, choosing comfort in the ride. Personally I could care less what someone thinks of my windshield, or in my case, my full tour fairing. I didn't buy and equip my bike to suit someone else. It suits me and can throughly enjoy my rides.
A few even have a couple of windshields they can swap out. A smaller sport shield for the summer that just keeps the wind from beating your chest, and a larger fairing style for the colder Fall/Winter rides.
Windshields ARE about ride comfort. Personally I also find a nice shield that follows the rake of the bike and extends that line pretty sleek looking.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
i found that is one thing i love bout my deflector shield....i can adjust the rake. winter or rain it sits high, and hot summer days or putting around town, it sits low :p and it move with the twist of 4 nobs....

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Flap1 said:
Hey Folks,
I am considering hard bags for my '93 VN750. Any suggestions as to your favorites?

I am also looking into getting a windshield that extends to cover the front of my hands, or possibly a full fairing. Again, do any of you have these and have any opinions on them?

Thanks

'93 VN750 - Stock (so far)

Hi Flap,
Sounds like you have decided to keep the Vulcan for a while. National Cycle windshields, available from JC Whitney, sounds like a good choice. That is what I put on mine but it is just the small windscreen like your Kawasaki Vulcan screen. The good feature about mine is the quick off / on feature. It does not have the Vulcan insignia etched into it though. That reply with the image of one on the Honda looks like a good choice.
Enjoy,
Sam

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a short shield I ride with and love it. also I just mounted a hard trunk on my vn750 looks pretty good. Next project Im mounting the hard saddlebags. I got the trunk on ebay for 55 bucks and it locks and looks great.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I like my windshield. I have had 10 bikes.... 1 without. After riding one bike with a shield, I have installed a shield on every bike afterwards. If you haven't tried a shield on your bike because of the looks, then you are vain and should have bought a custom built chopper and a trailer to haul it around.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.