Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add hard bags with blinkers in them (in place of the existing rear ones). I would like to know who has done this what were the total parts / cost. Like everybody I want quality but I don't need fancy. Just something that will last and since my bike is black the color should not be a problem. Who has suggestions and were you happy with yours? Thanks for all the help so far!

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
I would guess any hard bag can have lights built into them with a bit of work.

Quality wise it be hard to beat Givi bags, but they not cheap. The Muttzu? bags have been used here by a few, hopefully they will chime in with info.

(I think I still have a set of Givi supports made for the bike somewhere in the garage....)

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome! I love the look! I just ordered the bags! But where do I get the F&S mounts I am confused about that? Is there a Kawasaki part number?

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Did you order the Mutazu supports with the bags ?....I think they have 2 types (universal brackets or F+S type round steel)...if you have their part coming, shouldnt need the F+S....

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Wolfie, the difference between the Matzu round supports and the KF&S are night and day difference. The KF&S are beefier and they have the turnsignal relocation bracket as well.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
....ahhh....wasnt aware....but theyre pretty small bags....ya really need all that meat ?....prolly be cheaper to just beef up theirs, no ? I dunno...I always make my own stuff like that, lol....
I think he's canning the stock signals anyway and using the ones in the bags....dunno....
Im still lookin for an affordable set of FL bags, lol....

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
i bought my F&S brackets from www.ronayers.com, but that was a few years ago, not sure if they still have them. They have been discontinued for a while.
I was fabricating and selling some last winters, but i made 6 sets, not currently making any more.

here check this out, not sure if u can order them here or not
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/kawasaki-fire-and-steel-saddlebag-supports-kawasaki-vulcan-750/part/KAK-53021-094

u might be able to find some on ebay, but remember, u need the supports and the turn signal/lock relocator brackets too!
the drop down supports are easy to find, its the signal brackets that are rare!

the signal brackets look like these:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i bought my F&S brackets from www.ronayers.com, but that was a few years ago, not sure if they still have them. They have been discontinued for a while.
I was fabricating and selling some last winters, but i made 6 sets, not currently making any more.

here check this out, not sure if u can order them here or not
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/kawasaki-fire-and-steel-saddlebag-supports-kawasaki-vulcan-750/part/KAK-53021-094

u might be able to find some on ebay, but remember, u need the supports and the turn signal/lock relocator brackets too!
the drop down supports are easy to find, its the signal bracket that are rare!
Thank you! I ordered the F&S mounts as well! With your recommendation I know I will get a good set up!

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
Screw it,

i copied all his info from his post.

Mutazu GA saddlebags on Kawasaki F&S bag supports

OK, I admit I was too lazy to make my own brackets, and I like chrome.

It was nearly impossible to get a good idea of where to place the bags on the brackets. Taping a cardboard cutout to the bike allowed some easy adjustments until the placement was just right.

Wood is easier to measure for accuracy than holes in cardboard.

Overall I'm very happy with this setup. I have LeatherLyke bags on my other bike and those are a lot more robust (would even protect the bike from a spill I bet), but they are a lot more expensive and weren't the look I wanted for this bike.

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
:)

-Sloppy

·
Registered
468 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thank you! I didn't understand completely so now I see I still need the turn signal relocate brackets. I guess my gathering is not done. Any help finding them would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much for your help!!

no wait... after further reading it seems the F&S package I ordered includes both sets of brackets! So I guess I am all set I will have to wait until I get the parts to be sure!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes if its a brand new unopened set of KF&S brackets, the turn signal relocation brackets are in there.
Okay, not to be a pain here but they just cancelled my order and said they were no longer available.. bummer. So now I am BACK in the market for both the supports and relocation brackets.

Thank you for all of your help!

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Quick question... Did you go with lighted bags? IF so, then any bag supports would work, just use the same method applied in the pics above. if not, some one on here makes the trunsignal relocation brackets (or used to)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I went with lighted bags but they only come with red lenses so I wanted to make those stop and keep my existing turn signals. It should be okay if I go with a led tail light bulb I'm thinking.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts