Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasnt quite sure how you guys would feel about the way ive treated my Vulcan, But the majority of people have given a posotive response so i thought id throw some pictures up for you!!

Hardtailing a shafty is something i will NEVER EVER do again!!!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Nice lookin' mods you've done there, Bucky!! :smiley_th :beerchug:
The black & silver look really nice together. Is that the final color?

I'm all for custom rebuilds. And it looks like you put a good deal of time into yours!

Ya know, ya should send those pics to CD & Bears website of other custom Vulcans. More than a couple hardtails there too.
You can check it out HERE.

Thanks for sharin' the pics :rockon:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers again Tim!!

Yeah im staying flat black and bright metalflake silver

its the brit way! lol

will check that site out too when i get time!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh yeah, thats my dad in the photos,! he just likes cutting things up!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, just to let you all know, its FINISHED!!!!!!!!

Thank F*#k :rockon:

Now, i just need insurance so i can get it MOT tested, but that will have to wait, cos im off to FLORIDA tomorrow :beerchug: for THREE whole weeks!!!

Ok thats all for now

See you on the flipside

Bucky

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
WoW! I'm in the process of blacking out my bike. It will never look as good as your ride though since there will be some chrome left on the bike. Incredible ride! You're a craftsman

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dude i appreciate the comment, but really im no craftsman, im just a mechanic.

The wheels were powdercoated black when i got the bike, but to paint the natural alloy wheels, you will need to flat the laqeur coating back with a red scotchbrite pad then prime/paint them as required.

As for the cases, VHT paint is NOT required, just think how hot the hood of your car gets during a hot summers day?! much hotter than your cases ever will, therefore, standard celly or 2K paint will suffice, plus theres a wider range of colours(notice spelling ;) ) to choose from ;) and you only need VHT paint for the exhaust and manifolds.

I bought the 50mm(2ins) wrap from a company called www.demon-tweeks.co.uk thats based in Wales here in the UK, but if you look around your local scooter dealers someone's bound to have it, if not, E-bay ;)

Hope this helps

Bucky

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
alright, I saw an early pic of what you where doing and I wondered What you where doing( If the wrong "There is used , So what") Now that I see the TOTALLY CUSTOM RIDE! you've created, I can only imagine that I'de catch a sliver of that in my own! Awsome job mate!

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Awesome mod! Newby here and I was just about to post a question to the board to see if anyone had back-halved their frame to add a rigid rear. So your post and pics are very timely for me - Thanks! I had done a few searches but didn't find much on the subject. I did see the website Hyperbuzzin listed, but yours looks more like what I had in mind.

I have been struggling with how to attach the rear axle to the new frame section. I would appreciate some closeup photos showing what you did ("colour" photos would be great!:))

A few quick questions -
What did you do with the old shock mount studs? Leave them? Cut them off? Use them for your fender supports?
Did you leave the right side swing arm or remove it?
Did you drop the battery any?

Thanks and have fun in Florida!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Really looks great!!!!!You really did a great job!!!! I would really like to know how you fished the rear exhaust pipe through the frame where you did????

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
guys, really, thanks!!!

the torque tube is mounted to the frame, as it supports the diff from spinning, it wasnt that hard to do, but you want to make sure the shaft ist catching and is in a pretty much straight line.

the strut mount on the diff casing was simply cut off flush, nothing fancy.

the pipes were a bitch, its an extreme bend, about 170 degrees with a 20mm inside radius, and to equal the back pressure in both pipes, the front cylinder pipe has a bigger baffle and more exhaust wadding.

Oh, and before you ask, the rear pipe is in 2 pieces, it has a joint where it passes through the frame so you cant see it ;)

will get the pics up when i return, and once again, thanks for the comments!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
That's f'n sweet Bucky!!! I really like the way you've "treated" your vulcan. Thumbs up from TX bro. :rockon:

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
It makes my 57 year old back ache just looking at a hardtail, but you have done an outstanding job of it. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Pimp! I'll take one all black please.

·
new owner
79 Posts
Not a fan of bobbers (hate to be the sole negative comment here) so not my style.

BUT! i do admire creative work, and the skill to make it look good, and you have done that for sure. I'm impressed with how it all turned out, and the colors work well IMHO. The one thing, its not the standard vulcan bobber, its got a look all its own, and that is sweet (even if im not a bobber fan).

·
Registered
56 Posts
1 of the best I've seen! I live in Florida, so could you stop by for 2 weeks or so and build mine for me / I'm also gonna need you to bring your tools. lol / Keep up the good work!

·
Live And Let Live
20 Posts
Great job dude........:rockon:

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
Bump!!!

Very old thread I know but I would like to hear where this Cat relocated his overflow bottle to get the exhaust to route like that.

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts
Beautiful job Bucky. Don't be so modest you're not just a mechanic you're an artist. Post some more pics of this beauty.

R

1 - 20 of 39 Posts