Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Daniel Palin
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Harbor Freight Tag Along trailer yesterday. I did all the recomended modifications to it as I assembled it. Anyone else using one of these? Where is a good place to get accessories for it? Ie... cooler basket, rear bumper etc.... I'll be painting it to match my bike next weekend. I'll post pics when I finish it up.
Thanks, Daniel.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I would think most of any accessories you would have to make yourself unless you find something close to what you want and then modify it to work. I've been looking at the small trailer that comes with the cargo carrier for $379. Don't have a hitch (yet) though.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,694 Posts
:worthless

I know the first poster doesn't have enough post to post pics yet.....but Chuckles, I know know you do! lol so lets see em.....

·
87 VN750 Lookin Good
126 Posts
I cut mine down to 34"x38" on the bed.narrowed the axle , used one leaf spring on each wheel.

·
Daniel Palin
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, I have some ideas of fabbing up my own cooler rack. Ive seen several for sale online averaging 250.00 I can make my own for much cheaper. Hopefully my hitch will arrive next week from Canada, once I paint the trailer I will post some pics of my setup. I did pull the rear fender off, I am slicking it out and filling the holes, "going with a sidemount tag / brakelight" the small squared off section where the original tag mount was is where I will add a plug in socket for the trailer lights. Should look pretty cool when I'm done. I don't really plan on any long ventures with the trailer other than a few beach trips "20 miles round trip" or maybe a trip or 2 to the Keys which is roughly 200 miles from my house. Here is my bike now. I just painted it last weekend "Ferrari Rosso Corsa Red" will be painting the trailer to match
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65994

·
Registered
856 Posts
I've been wanting to pick up one of these for my 900...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Pulling a trailer sure comes in handy whenever you go somewhere. You've got plenty of room to put your schtuff:).
Get some led's for it and you should be good to go.

·
Daniel Palin
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll post some pics of mine tomorrow. So far I have done the following mods:
A.. repack wheel bearings.
B.. rubber hose over leaf spring bolts
C.. remove helper leaf springs
D.. stainless hardware & stainless eye bolts inside to fasten bungee cords too.
E.. LED Maltese Cross Taillights
F.. cooler basket & cooler
I'll post a couple pics of it tomorrow, hopefully I'll paint it next weekend.

·
Daniel Palin
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are a few pics I took today. I'm still waiting on my other brake light to come in. Taking the cooler today to my upholstery guy to have a cover made for it. Planning on adding carpet to the inside and adding a swivel hitch to it "that will lengthen the tongue 6" Hopefully I'll paint it to match my bike this weekend.

Attachments

·
Daniel Palin
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm still searching for some 8" chrome or aluminum wheels for it. Or possibly some nice wheel covers. Once it's painted it should look pretty nice. I'm adding chrome molding and having some kawasaki decals made for it. I kinda want it to look like it's a factory thing and match my bike. Also having the kawasaki logo sewn in the cover.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,694 Posts
Here are a few pics I took today. I'm still waiting on my other brake light to come in. Taking the cooler today to my upholstery guy to have a cover made for it. Planning on adding carpet to the inside and adding a swivel hitch to it "that will lengthen the tongue 6" Hopefully I'll paint it to match my bike this weekend.
ah, some pic's! woo hoo!

looks good!

I have 1, suggestion, to keep from getting rear ended put either some reflective tape or some cool reflective bumper stickers on the rear of the trailer. the only reason I say this to you is that a member on here that I ride with has the same trailer. while we were following him in the cage when he first got it I told him it was really had to see and told him to do the same thing. since then he has and it stands out now. very easy to see day or night!

I'm still searching for some 8" chrome or aluminum wheels for it. Or possibly some nice wheel covers. Once it's painted it should look pretty nice. I'm adding chrome molding and having some kawasaki decals made for it. I kinda want it to look like it's a factory thing and match my bike. Also having the kawasaki logo sewn in the cover.

ooh, I'm digging the "cooler rack", but then again I thought the whole trailer could be used as the cooler, you know just fill it with ice and beer. lol

·
Daniel Palin
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes. I'm looking at some different led bars now.. my other tail light came in today along with my trailer light isolator harness for my bike and the new yuasa sealed battery that's everyone had recomended. Still waiting on my hitch for the bike and swivel hitch fir the trailer that will be here on Monday. Anyways..... looks like I will be painting it this weekend. I've already have the paint, primer and materials needed. I'm kicking around the idea of using a 4 wheeler front rack for my cooler rack though. I don't really like my setup the way it is. Stopped by a cycle junkyard today and looked at tons of racks. Went home and measured my cooler again. I'll prob get 2 front racks and cut them up as needed and weld them together to make a perfect fitting cooler rack. Still scratching my head on wheel covers though. Not many options out there for these harbor freight wheels. They don't have the bumps on the wheel that usually hold on covers. I may end up going with a different wheel size?

·
Daniel Palin
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Painted the trailer today. Here a few pics.
Primed it with a primer made for plastic. Painted it with Ferrari Rosso Corsa Red Paint. Same paint I painted my bike with. I'll put it back together tomorrow and add chrome trim and some decals I had made. Still waiting on the 12" aluminum wheels I ordered.

Attachments

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,694 Posts
Painted the trailer today. Here a few pics.
Primed it with a primer made for plastic. Painted it with Ferrari Rosso Corsa Red Paint. Same paint I painted my bike with. I'll put it back together tomorrow and add chrome trim and some decals I had made. Still waiting on the 12" aluminum wheels I ordered.
nice! yeah, that makes it much easier to see! :rockon:

·
Registered
149 Posts
This is very cool dude!

I really want to start camping with my bike once summer rolls around.
I had figured strap a sleeping back and tent to the back and pack a backpack,
but now I got all kinds of ideas on more ways to waste my money.

Keep us posted how it comes along! Looks great!

·
Daniel Palin
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For the money I'd say this is the best way to go. It's by far not the nicest of the nicest of trailers out there. But for the avid guy who wants to get away on his vn750 for a beach trip / camping etc..... it's pretty hard to beat. Plus it's kinda fun customizing it to your own tasting. I'll post a pic after I put it back together today.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts