·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
haven't used that particular model but it looks similar to mine so it should

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
its ok , its not great, will leak down overnite without the stops.
mine leaks down as well

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
I have one, doesn't have the fancy handle you have to crank with your feet but mine lifts my sporty without any trouble whatsoever so yep, it will easily lift the Vulcan. Any vulcan for that matter. BUT, when I had a center stand, I'm thinking of any reason to have had one. I could get both wheels off when needed so. Only got one when I got the sporty cause of this very issue. Also my sporty is super fast so....it's just faast man....FAST!

·
Registered
459 Posts
I share the last question. What is the benefit of a lift? I have removed both wheels at the same time to change tires on the center stand.

-Robert

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
I share the last question. What is the benefit of a lift? I have removed both wheels at the same time to change tires on the center stand.

-Robert
sanity while removing both wheels

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the same exact one, and yes it will lift it, only problem is that the engine sits lower than the frame so I made some blocks it could sit on that have a half circle cut into them so the frame sits instead of the engine. It really came in hand for removing the engine. Again blocks and then just roll it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the same exact one, and yes it will lift it, only problem is that the engine sits lower than the frame so I made some blocks it could sit on that have a half circle cut into them so the frame sits instead of the engine. It really came in hand for removing the engine. Again blocks and then just roll it out.

EDIT of below: just checked mine.....it is a "Big Red" 1500lb....appears exact same as HF jack, but has added lift/carry handle front & rear and only a foot pedal for jacking.

Same here as above......
Got mine @ Goodwill.....non-functioning--- +Saturday Special w/ 50% discount--.... $10.00 !
Harbor Freight Hydraulic Fluid = $5.99 .....15 minutes ....all set.
This jack I purchased UNUSED....not a scratch in paint or a sign of oil/grease !
Tested on automobile....held w/o issues..... (3-4 hours ?)
:x :smile2:

·
Registered
124 Posts
EDIT of below: just checked mine.....it is a "Big Red" 1500lb....appears exact same as HF jack, but has added lift/carry handle front & rear and only a foot pedal for jacking.

Same here as above......
Got mine @ Goodwill.....non-functioning---+ Saturday Special w/ 50% discount--.... $10.00 !
Harbor Freight Hydraulic Fluid = $5.99 .....15 minutes ....all set.
This jack I purchased UNUSED....not a scratch in paint or a sign of oil/grease !
Tested on automobile....held w/o issues..... (3-4 hours ?)
:x :smile2:
....now I need to get the bike on the jack and obtain some assistance to mount the rear wheel/drive shaft.....

:beerchug:

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts

....now I need to get the bike on the jack and obtain some assistance to mount the rear wheel/drive shaft.....

:beerchug:
You can do tire yourself. Get a cargo strap with ratchet. Run it through the tire, ratchet tire up in place with strap over the seat. Put something between the seat and the strap of course. It raises the tire to the height you need. It's my contribution to the lazy, cheap azz world of motorcycle maintenance.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You can do tire yourself. Get a cargo strap with ratchet. Run it through the tire, ratchet tire up in place with strap over the seat. Put something between the seat and the strap of course. It raises the tire to the height you need. It's my contribution to the lazy, cheap azz world of motorcycle maintenance.
Love it ! :wow: :wow:

Now I am motivated to locate/unpack my new seals/gaskets....does Moly' go bad with age ? LOL
I intend to get it set up next week.....I may have an experienced forum member to assist ....thus ensuring all is performed correctly.
I also have a factory "NEW" shaft....should I install my NEW shaft on used splines ?
Splines appear V. Good.....yes, I still have original (used) shaft.
:rockon:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Love it ! :wow: :wow:

Now I am motivated to locate/unpack my new seals/gaskets....does Moly' go bad with age ? LOL

I intend to get it set up next week.....I may have an experienced forum member to assist ....thus ensuring all is performed correctly.

I also have a factory "NEW" shaft....should I install my NEW shaft on used splines ?

Splines appear V. Good.....yes, I still have original (used) shaft.

:rockon:

I wouldn’t think the moly would go bad unless it was years old. Yes, if splines are in good shape go for it. Make sure to check the required 2.5mm clearance on the left side of the swing arm when reinstalling

·
Diesel Tech
136 Posts
Shaft joint grease is a scheduled service item every 20k miles. But a modern-spec grease will likely well outlast any spec grease from the 80's when the service manual was written.

The harbor freight lift is a real back saver. Should have bought one 10 years ago.
It does leak down even when new! The stop bar and/or a jackstand must be used!

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Shaft joint grease is a scheduled service item every 20k miles. But a modern-spec grease will likely well outlast any spec grease from the 80's when the service manual was written.

The harbor freight lift is a real back saver. Should have bought one 10 years ago.
It does leak down even when new! The stop bar and/or a jackstand must be used!

I want your tank so bad

1 - 16 of 16 Posts