Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A happy Veterans day to all past & present Veterans, and thank you very much for your service...:smiley_th...:smiley_th...:beerchug:...
Have a good one...Old Dog...:beerchug:...

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Oh, I thought it was national metal day....

Mmmm, maybe it's because so many Vets have metal plates or pins in their body??
Crank it up to 11! lol

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
In Canada we celebrate Nov 11 as "Remembrance Day" in honor of all those who lost their lives in WWI, WWII, Korea, Afghanistan and all the peacekeeping missions during that time. We wear a little red flower called a poppy on our labels for a few weeks leading up to Nov. 11.

Remembrance Day: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2008/11/07/f-remembrance-day.html

My thanks to all who have served in both our countries to preserve the freedoms we still enjoy.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Thanks to all who have or are serving in defense of our country and as OL Hoss said ,those of our friends and allies as well.

I personally never had to go but would have if.I had called Two uncles,that served in WWII ,and fought in several major battles,A lot of friends and family that were in the jungles of Nam ,and one Fine young man that just happens to be my cousin's son who played at my house as a young boy with my son and is now stateside,after two tours in Iraq one in Kosovo and will probably be headed back to Afghanistan some time next year.

Not to forget My great grandfather who fought for the Union in the Civil War and Lost his Brother some place in Georgia and never got to come home.

Last but certainly not least our own Slimvulcan rider who is out of the country now,come home safe Slim,we do appreciate all your sacrifice and God Bless,Denny Ray

1 - 8 of 8 Posts