Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remembering a good man who helped so many on this forum.
I was lucky enough to ride with Ron and I am glad I filmed the ride.
Here's to you Ron, :beerchug:, may you R.I.P.
Ride In Paradise.

Go to the 5 minuet mark to see Ron Getting on it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Phurp88?feature=mhee#p/u/28/kRa8RsHm5w0

Just some clips of that ride showing Ron.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Phurp88?feature=mhee#p/u/15/gUCbidCtX9s

Ron on the Dragon.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Phurp88?feature=mhee#p/u/22/P2hgkxXYV1Q

·
Registered
319 Posts
Nice memories of Ron. I was always amazed at his knowledge and willingess to share. You had some nice rides!

·
Daily Rider
132 Posts
Great video, I think I was on that highway back in 2005, stuck behind a semi for what seemed like for ever. Beautiful scenery down there.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Here`s hoisting one for you brother Ron. :beerchug:
We continue to benefit from your contributions to the forum.
May you be always missed, but never forgotten. :motorcycl

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Ron,

Although we never met I know I have received help from this forum that originated from you. For all that you did to promote the fun of riding I salute your never ending memory among us. Thank you and you will always be riding with us. The yellow and black ribbons will remain on my Guardian Bell at all times in your honor.

Tom
Vulcan 2000

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Very nice tribute to your friend and riding buddy. I never met or had a forum conversation with Ron but I do admire the respect everyone on this forum has for him. He must have been one hell of a guy.

Jim

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
My friend and I rode pegs-down in thankful memory of Ron today. It was a sweet ride on the country roads of western Hamilton County, OH.

Mitch (honorary VN750.com member today), on his 1971 Honda 350...

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
I still think we need to have a memorial ride in his honour.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Tribute

I began to check out this site just before The Professor moved on. He is one of the reasons I bought the bike. I figured with his, and your knowledge along with the decency to pass it on, I could fix my own ride.
All of this became true because when giving you infect others and those others are all of us. I only hope one day to pass along knowledge as all of you do.
I rode yesterday by Lake Superior to blue skies and calm seas. It really does make a soul free. To Lance and many other brothers and sisters - enjoy the ride.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Thanks Ron for everything.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
memorial ride

I still think we need to have a memorial ride in his honour.
What if we do a carry the torch type of ride? I can ride from San Antonio to somewhere in Texas and "hand off" to the next guy...and then we carry it through the whole U.S.! Not under time constraint....just riding and passing along the spirit of the ride.....I don't know if its been done but we have the brotherhood to do it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
What if we do a carry the torch type of ride? I can ride from San Antonio to somewhere in Texas and "hand off" to the next guy...and then we carry it through the whole U.S.! Not under time constraint....just riding and passing along the spirit of the ride.....I don't know if its been done but we have the brotherhood to do it.
Sounds like a great idea; count me in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts