Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
I don't think those will fit the bike if they are mounted as pictured. I had a set very similar and the gauge cluster was wider than the width of the bar rise. In order to clear the cluster, you will need the bar-rise width roughly the same as the stock bar.

This is what my Biltwell Keystone bar looked like. If you decide on that bar, you'll have to set them up like I did.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just installed my clubman bars inverterd of course and boy does she handle like a different bike. But now I need to come up with a source of shorter clutch, thottle and brake lines. Any suggestions? Will post pics tomorrow.

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
Just installed my clubman bars inverterd of course and boy does she handle like a different bike. But now I need to come up with a source of shorter clutch, thottle and brake lines. Any suggestions? Will post pics tomorrow.
That's what I noticed with the Keystone bars I had. The bike turned on a dime and the twisties were fun. However, I didn't like the seating posture I was forced into.

Have fun with the new bars!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm actually trying to deciding between clubmans and those biltwell keystones. Very different looks but I think they're both awesome. Which would you guys say are more comfortable?

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
I'm actually trying to deciding between clubmans and those biltwell keystones. Very different looks but I think they're both awesome. Which would you guys say are more comfortable?
As I am prolly the only one here who has tried the keystones, they felt ok for short trips. Longer rides would eat at my back. Really, the choice is yours. Even though I have had 3 different bars, I am still uncertain if the current bars are to my liking. Sure, they work, but I am thinking I need a taller bar. Who knows what I want, I certainly don't know, LOL.

·
Registered
17 Posts
As I am prolly the only one here who has tried the keystones, they felt ok for short trips. Longer rides would eat at my back. Really, the choice is yours. Even though I have had 3 different bars, I am still uncertain if the current bars are to my liking. Sure, they work, but I am thinking I need a taller bar. Who knows what I want, I certainly don't know, LOL.
Haha well thanks for your opinion on them. The clubmans probably aren't too comfortable either since they give a more aggressive stance. I guess either way I'm going for form over function. :cool:

·
Registered
264 Posts
http://www.cdthayer.com/imagesbike/Chop_Mark_03.jpg ape hangers would do away with that backache

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I broke my right hand a few years ago and hence why I can't ride a rocket, my hand starts to hurt after awhile. I took the bike to work yesterday and she felt great no issues with my back or my hand. I love the handling on the bike now compared to the stock mini apes. Only issue I have is with the stock seat, needs more cushion.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts