Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any handlebars that are a direct fir for our bikes other than the Vulcans? The PO dropped mine twice on the left side and bent the bars in and back. I tried to straighten them with a pipe wrench, but I couldn't get them to budge. I thought about heating them and bending them back, but I don't know if it would fatigue the metal. So I just want to replace them.
I didn't see any on E-Bay for sale.
Thanks all.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Tsmith, First off you are really beginning to aggravate me by blatantly posting stuff in the wrong spot... I could see you not knowing weather this should go in the "Wheels, Suspension, and Brakes" forum, or the "Equipment" forum. secondly this question has been asked about a billion times. Try u sing google for once... "Stock VN750 Handlebar specs" First link: Stock Motorcycle Handlebar Measurements 7/8" Handle Bars and a 20 second search on eBay returned this handle bars for a 1991 kawasaki vn750 "vulcan" using "kawasaki VN750 Handlebars"...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well excuse me Slim! And I wasn't blatantly posting in the wrong areas. I was asking a general question about the bars. Didn't realize it was such a crime to ask questions about bars in a bike forum. I was asking for the simple fact that maybe someone on here knew.
BTW slim, I did see the bars on e-bay last night. Another reason I was asking is because I'm going to be in Boise this weekend and there are 2 salvage yards there, and neither have any Vulcans. So I asked to see if anyone knew of some bars that would interchange, so I could pick up a set while I was there.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Well excuse me Slim! And I wasn't blatantly posting in the wrong areas. I was asking a general question about the bars. Didn't realize it was such a crime to ask questions about bars in a bike forum.
I was asking for the simple fact that maybe someone on here knew. I'm not a genius like you. So in the future if I need to find something I will go elsewhere.
wow !

WilliamTech

·
Super Moderator
11,970 Posts
I'm going to start calling you Doctor Smith....after the guy from " Lost in Space"

Seems to fit in many levels....;)

You can put just about ANY set of handlebars on the bike you want...as long as they are 7/8 bars they will fit. Go too high you might need new cables....go to low and they might hit the tank....add risers like Dave did and that can solve that.

My personal favorite bars of all time are inverted clubman bars....

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
My point Smith is that you post everything in the general catagory when there is a spot on the forum for 90% of the stuff you post.. I think i have left only one or two of your threads in the General Forum.

Did I not still provide you with the information you were looking for? with links to more information for you to see what you are looking for? Another bike that isn't listed on the Flander's web site is the Honda CX500D from 1978-1980 they used identical Buckhorns.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts