Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone with a stock machine possibly help me by measuring the handlebars for me as i will need to know the width in inches and the rise in inches coz i cannot find originals and will now have to get from highwayhawk.co.uk

many thanks in advance:D

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
someone on here has got a set of bars laying around I'm sure, post in the buy sell section if you haven't already!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I wonder what his arm length is to even reach those things lol

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
But giant apes look cool.

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
The stock bars are an 8" rise. I believe width is around 28 or 29 inches.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Ok, so now we got jokes? Semantics? We're gonna get into it over semantics? lol... I would edit and alter but that would be a waste of all these wondrous follow-up post; and we need not confuse any future readers. 'laugh it up and I'll be careful next time. INCHES, OK! NOT FEET. I mean...can't a guy get a lil mixed up now and then?
We are a fun bunch though!They were easy on you ,they have more ROFL

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
My 1988 VN750 = 7/8' in diameter; 10' from handle tip to beginning of curve down (12' from tip to outside curve going down); 9' high, (10' from the tippy top to the bottomy bottom) ; center=8' inner/10' outer.

I happen to have these in front of me now as I took a spill a month back and had to replace em (slightly bent about 1/4' off kilt). measurements I gave were taken with tape measure. Ride safe.
Ok, so now we got jokes? Semantics? We're gonna get into it over semantics? lol... I would edit and alter but that would be a waste of all these wondrous follow-up post; and we need not confuse any future readers. 'laugh it up and I'll be careful next time. INCHES, OK! NOT FEET. I mean...can't a guy get a lil mixed up now and then?
7/8' or 7/8"---What a difference one little dash makes eh, FL? I missed it too, until slim pointed it out.

We need a little humor these days. I`m just trying to picture 3 guys riding, 2 of them standing on a step ladder, and co-ordinating to reach all the feet and hand controls. :wow: Wish I was an atrist and could draw a cartoon.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Someone said they were light also, only weighed 413,787,562.375 micrograms or 405,786.9799 dynes...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Super Moderator
11,959 Posts
7/8' or 7/8"---What a difference one little dash makes eh, FL? .
Remember that part in "This is Spinal Tap" where they ended up with a 12 inch replica of Stonehenge instead of a 12 foot one?

And it is not a matter of "semantics" btw, it is simply a typo...you can't argue that you meant to say "miles" if you wrote "kilometers", it was wrong, it was funny, and you should expect to get run over the coals for little fukups like that in the future .........;)

(much like your post on the "shift level"....:) )

KM

1 - 14 of 14 Posts