Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep my handlebars in the standard position, everything torqued to spec.

However, after I while, I notice that my handlebars gradually drop ~ i.e. the grips are closer to the tank, and to my body. I can't physically do this while pushing down on them. They simply seem to move out of position over time.

Is this typical? I'm wondering if it's the wind pressing against my PF3 fairing at highway speeds. Or if it's just the vibration of the bike over time. I'm certainly not putting any massive pressure on the bars with my hands, other than the usual pressing down as I lean into turns.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
I keep my handlebars in the standard position, everything torqued to spec.

However, after I while, I notice that my handlebars gradually drop ~ i.e. the grips are closer to the tank, and to my body. I can't physically do this while pushing down on them. They simply seem to move out of position over time.

Is this typical? I'm wondering if it's the wind pressing against my PF3 fairing at highway speeds. Or if it's just the vibration of the bike over time. I'm certainly not putting any massive pressure on the bars with my hands, other than the usual pressing down as I lean into turns.
The standard bars have fluted bands that are supposed to help hold them. So I would guess something is loose? Try cleaning them and re-tightening them down.

KM

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
I could see where the wind beating on the fairing would do that, I dont have one and mine has not moved. I would think the wind would almost have an effect of an impact wrench over time!

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
Bar clamp is either loose or the handlebars are stripped.

·
vulcan lover/hater
7 Posts
you might try disassembling the handlebar clamps and putting some loctite BLUE (NOT RED) where the clamps tighten down on the bars. I can't imagine anything shifting with that stuff on. And the thing can be disassembled with the blue loctite on it. With the red, you'd need an jackhammer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts