Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Handlebar risers to increase pullback - suggestions?

6K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  2fas4u 
#1 ·
Love the bike, hate the shoulder pain after the ride! Looking for a riser for VN750 with stock 7/8" handlebars to make them easier to reach with my non-ape arms. :D Want risers with pullback that are about 1" to 2" because I don't want to have to switch out the cables and am struggling to find ones that look secure and fit (keep in mind that I know only enough to be dangerous when it comes to wrenching). Have already lowered the tilt of the handlebars and it's just not enough. Would appreciate any riser suggestions!!

#2 ·
Installing risers would require some fabrication. The stock bars just don't mount that way. They use the cradle and clamp method. You can get riser blocks for some dirt and dual sport bikes that work on that kind of setup. I have stock bars on my XT225 with 2" machined blocks under them. All this does is raise the bars straight up 2". If you want more pullback, you are probably going to need to replace the bars. Bars are not expensive, it't the cables and hoses and making the wires longer that gets expensive. But, if you did manage to get the stock bars in the position you want them in, you would still probably have to replace cables and the brake hose.

I have never heard anyone complain about the Vulcan's bars before. On another forum I belong to, they all want the grips to be down about where the Vulcan's turn signals are, and the riders pegs to be about where the passenger pegs are on the Vulcan. The Vulcan is an absolute perfect fit for me.

#3 ·
They do make blocks that will fit our bikes. Do a search on ebay and you will find a variety. I'm not sure whether thus will solve your problem though.

Are the handles too high (non-ape arms) or too far away for your comfort? Adding riser blocks to the stock mounts will push the bars back, but they will also raise them up.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
They do make blocks that will fit our bikes. Do a search on ebay and you will find a variety. I'm not sure whether thus will solve your problem though.

Are the handles too high (non-ape arms) or too far away for your comfort? Adding riser blocks to the stock mounts will push the bars back, but they will also raise them up.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
The way I understand it, (I believe) that is exactly her goal.

:smiley_th

#6 ·
#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.