Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been mentioned before... however, there are still some things I'm not clear on.

I know the dimensions of the stock bars as found on; well never mind I don't have enough posts to have URLs:|

I also was able to find Kawasaki OEM bars for ~$103 that will be in perfect condition.

There are also listings on ebay for around $30+ for bars that look a little crooked. They might have been bent worse than mine and then just twisted back close to original.

I like the way my stock bars felt and was trying to find something near the exact same on the aftermarket but couldn't get anything quite near spec. I need to replace them because they got bent pretty bad when I dropped my bike. I'm not concerned about winning any beauty contests with my ride. The hope is that whatever the bars are I don't have to any additional messing around. If anybody replaced theirs to great success I would love to hear about it.

I'm new to riding and don't know if I'll be able to even tell if the bars are slightly crooked. Also, does anybody know where I could find a turn signal lens on the cheap?

Thanks Guys!

If I don't get stock I'll be sure to update with how I like them.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
If you like the stock bars, stay with them. I have mentioned many times about how comfortable I found the Vulcan 750. In fact, for a solo rider, I find it on par with a 1200 Goldwing, except the pegs on the Vulcan are located in a better position. I give the seat (that everyone else hates) a lot of credit, but I think the main reason I find it so comfortable is the seat/handlebar/peg relationship. It is a perfect fit, much moreso than any other bike I've had. Changing anything would probably mess everything up.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
I am sure you can find a handlebar set up on here if you post your need under the Swap or Sell heading. I may even have a set myself in my pile of spare parts.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
I'm new to riding and don't know if I'll be able to even tell if the bars are slightly crooked. Also, does anybody know where I could find a turn signal lens on the cheap?
You should feel it when you ride.

I snagged a new lens off ebay for $4, a while back though.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,694 Posts
If you like the stock bars, stay with them. I have mentioned many times about how comfortable I found the Vulcan 750. In fact, for a solo rider, I find it on par with a 1200 Goldwing, except the pegs on the Vulcan are located in a better position. I give the seat (that everyone else hates) a lot of credit, but I think the main reason I find it so comfortable is the seat/handlebar/peg relationship. It is a perfect fit, much moreso than any other bike I've had. Changing anything would probably mess everything up.
I too, didn't mind the stock seat. I like the looks of it and it never really gave me any problems.

but then I got my ass a Mustang seat. Holy Kaw! I love that thing. I believe Deny6006 said it best about the difference between the two. he said with the stock seat "you sit in the bike, as to where with the Mustang seat you sit on the bike."

unlike almost all on here, I like the bike stock. the only thing I have changed on mine is the seat. which was for me a good move. oh, but wait, I did go with up-sizing the tires when I replaced them and I will do it again when it's time to replace these tires. that was a huge improvement. I highly recommend it.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Yea the only thing I changed on mine was the seat,the handlebars, upsized the tires,lowered the suspension, modded the intake and exhaust,yeah I like em stock too;)

·
Registered
322 Posts
I give the seat (that everyone else hates) a lot of credit

Yes, the seat was not built for comfort - I am going to try an Airhawk instead of full replacement since I want my bike stock, too.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,694 Posts
I know this has been mentioned before... however, there are still some things I'm not clear on.

I know the dimensions of the stock bars as found on; well never mind I don't have enough posts to have URLs:|

I also was able to find Kawasaki OEM bars for ~$103 that will be in perfect condition.

There are also listings on ebay for around $30+ for bars that look a little crooked. They might have been bent worse than mine and then just twisted back close to original.

I like the way my stock bars felt and was trying to find something near the exact same on the aftermarket but couldn't get anything quite near spec. I need to replace them because they got bent pretty bad when I dropped my bike. I'm not concerned about winning any beauty contests with my ride. The hope is that whatever the bars are I don't have to any additional messing around. If anybody replaced theirs to great success I would love to hear about it.

Thanks Guys!

If I don't get stock I'll be sure to update with how I like them.

check this out for some bars.....
http://www.vn750.com/forum/17-sell-swap/79258-parts-02-750-a.html

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
I give the seat (that everyone else hates) a lot of credit

Yes, the seat was not built for comfort - I am going to try an Airhawk instead of full replacement since I want my bike stock, too.
Instead of an Airhawk, I would try a Beadrider. It made the brick called a seat on my Yamaha XT225 good for twice as many miles. As far as the stock seat on the Vulcan 750, I have ridden 1000+ miles non stop on it with no serious discomfort. Can't say that about any other motorcycle seat except maybe a Goldwing.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Instead of an Airhawk, I would try a Beadrider. It made the brick called a seat on my Yamaha XT225 good for twice as many miles. As far as the stock seat on the Vulcan 750, I have ridden 1000+ miles non stop on it with no serious discomfort. Can't say that about any other motorcycle seat except maybe a Goldwing.
Wow you must get AWESOME gas mileage.;)

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,694 Posts
Wow you must get AWESOME gas mileage.;)
yup! and his ass has been on every motorcycle seat ever made! :wink2:

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
yup! and his ass has been on every motorcycle seat ever made! :wink2:
Not that you'd be able to see the seat;)don't ya think that 225 is a little small,big boy?but then again,it's probably faster than a vespa

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Yea I hear a loud droning noise...maybe it's my exhaust;)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Instead of an Airhawk, I would try a Beadrider. .... I have ridden 1000+ miles non stop on it
Someone made a good point, you must get GREAT gas mileage! LOL - I will look up the Beadrider but you must have a totally different body type if you think the stock seat is fine. I am 220 5'10" so I am guessing you are 150 5'5" ????? :)

·
Registered
499 Posts
The beadrider is one area I'll agree with Jerry on. I had one on my 500 that definitely improved things. You can make a slight adjustment to your seating position at any time to adjust the where the pressure points are against you. Had no problem with an overnight 10 hour ride while using it.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
If I can get 1000 miles out of a tank,I'll take two

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts