Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna buy drag bars for my 86 vn 750 but i wanna make sure they will work without putting a bunch of money into it. I like the straight chopper like style and im pretty sure i can pick a set up on ebay for 30-50 bucks. Wondering what size would fit and if this is possible or anyone has any advice on bar selection that would bolt right on?:motorcycl

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would factory handlebars from newer yrs fit as well like say from a 97? What would a set of bars go for?

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
Would factory handlebars from newer yrs fit as well like say from a 97? What would a set of bars go for?
Yes, the stock bars from any year VN7XX will fit all years. Look on ebay, craigslist or motorcycle salvage yards for prices on a set of bars. ANY 7/8" bars will fit the bike. Depending on the style selected, the stock cables may be too long or too short.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Yes, you will need 7/8" bars. The main problem will be the cable length. Depending on the bars, the cables/brake hose may be to short or to long. Another thing to consider, if you are doing this just for looks, is how it will change the riding position. I personally love the riding position of the stock bars, I had to give up riding sportbikes because of all the pain caused by the low bars. Jerry.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im 6'1 and i find my arms are so long my arms get cramped being curled up so much so straighting them out a bit would work better plus getting a bigger rise in them would stretch me out more like a chopper style. The bars imlooking at are drag bars and are 28" wide with a 4" rise. Ill have to measure the stock ones

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
Do you know you can loosen the bar clamps and rotate the stock bars away from you? The guy who used to ride my '87 project bike was 6' 3", and he pushed the bars a lot farther forward than on my '89. I can't touch the grips on the '87 when sitting in my normal position; they're too far forward.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts