Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding for a couple months now. I realized that if I moved my bars forward they would also move up, and I could straiten my arms out some more.

So I got home this eve and gave it a try. They were almost straight up! It was neat, I like the position of my mirriors better, and my riding position was more open for cruising..... almost chopper style.

But turning took more effort and was a bit less stable. So I came home and looked at it. I figured I better pull em back some, at least to the same angle as the forks. So now I am back almost right where I started in the first place.:doh:

Oh well one of the things I really like is how easily the bike repsonded to turning.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any of you had any experiences or perceived changes with handlebar adjustments?

Where are your bars adjusted to in relation to the forks? About even, a little above angle, a little below? How does it effect your riding position comfort and handling?

Any of you using risers with your stock bars? That may be one way for me to get more room in my riding position without adjusting the bars' angle much?

Ape hangers anyone?

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Mine are about the same angel as my forks, I was thinking aobut bringing them back a little just havent.

·
239 Posts
Alittle back from forks

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Knifemaker posted about a neat and easy trick in determining where the comfort level should be for the handlebars and you.
Sit on the bike and close your eyes, hands on your thighs, then lift your hands up as if get ready to grasp the grips. Open your eyes and see how far off you are.
Ideal would be when you lift your hands they meet with the grips.
I ended up adding 1" risers to mine and then adjusted the up and down. I don't feel the shoulder strain any more or feel like I am leaning forward to relieve the strain. My elbows are at a comfortable bend so turning is easier.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
My bars are just slightly forward of the fork angle, with stock bars.
Works fine for me there.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
16 inch ape-hangers on mine, slightly forward of the forks. I love riding with my arms straight out and elbows locked. Whatever adjustment you do to stock is only going to take a couple days of riding to get used to turning......

Stevie D.
Chicago

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I adjusted them again.

I'm now at just slightly above the fork angle.

I put about 50 or so miles on it today that way and it seemed fine. I think the straight up adjustment I had before was just a bit too much. It was kinda neat though. Kinda changed the look / style of the bike.

Thanks for the input.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts