Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day i went to an interview and rode the 750. The collar of the shirt was whipping the hell out of my neck and i started wondering, those handle bar streamers that i see so many people have do they hurt? I imagine them whipping in the wind tearing up my arms. I'm not particularly fond of the look but curiosity has got me now and i wonder if they serve any additional purpose.

mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you ride around town under 35 mph they aren't a problem. We once bought an old Honda Rebel 450 that the previous owner had installed them on. If I had not had my riding jacket on to ride it home, my arms would have been sore as hell. At 50 mph they were whipping so bad the tips of them hitting my jacket sounded like a bucket of fire crackers going off.

Personally I think they are ugly as all get out. Give me a clean sleek looking bike with out all the dangling crap any day.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Agreed, I'm not a fan of the streamer crap either. A buddy of mine has them on both his handle bars and on his brake and clutch levers. The wind catches the streamers on the levers bad enough that is drags on the levers just enough to slightly disengage he clutch. He was wondering for awhile why the bike had seemed to have lost power, and didn't believe that it was the streamers until I had him hold the lever forward while riding. surprised him at how much the bike wanted to get up and go then...

Of course, he still refuses to remove the streamers from his levers. :doh:

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Yeah the only problem with handle bar tassels is that they haven't been torn off yet. ;) If I'm going to ride with a nice button-down on, I pick one with buttons on the collar points to stop the flappin'. With a golf shirt the collar sounds like a small motor - brrrrrrrr! Cracks me up every time....

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I think they look cool.....

on a little girls bicycle.

:)
agreed.....if you can't get a playing card in the spolks with a clotheshanger, then streamers shouldn't be on the bike.
:BLAM:

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,364 Posts
they were on my sportster when I got it. I rode home about 60 mph and didn't notice anything. However, as soon as I got home I ripped that crap right off. :)

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I got em on my "lil girl's bike"....but on the levers....fits my retro look as I got fringe on my seat too.....and no, they dont bother me at all....an Ive hadd Bessie to 110......ONCE......never again......

·
Registered
856 Posts
I got em on my "lil girl's bike"....but on the levers....fits my retro look as I got fringe on my seat too.....and no, they dont bother me at all....an Ive hadd Bessie to 110......ONCE......never again......
I take it they Don't drag and pull on your levers like they do with my friends? Might be a length issue? (snicker) He has his at close to 2 feet long.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After 30 minutes of my collar whipping my neck i did my best 1 hand "button the top button w/o killing yourself while riding so you won't be late" act. The pain ended after i was successful. But now i know for future reference to button it all the way up.

unrelated. I got the Job and they loved the bike.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
[QUOTEMight be a length issue? (snicker) He has his at close to 2 feet long.][/QUOTE]

Can I slap yer friend upside the head ?....lol....thats just dumb....thats parade stuff at 20 mph.....mine are like 9-10"..... prolly helps i got a batwing....but even before that, I had no problems....

Sneak over to ye buddys house tonight with a pair of scissors....leave em at around a foot..... ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts