Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
son wants to change handle bars to more of a drag type bar. anyone done this or any other bar replacement ideas? basically he wants them lower but of course clearance is also an issue. thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Highway hawk makes a set,Drag sport bar If I remember.Had them on my bike with no clearence issues.I got them from The Biker Barn I think.

·
Registered
306 Posts

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
That was the first thing i did for Lulu was change out the bars. It was quite a improvment to how the bike handeled.

these are on lulu

http://www.cyclepages.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=4014067
Did you have to shorten the cables?

I put some dirt bike handlebars on mine just to see how I liked lower bars. I liked 'em fine, but it put the cables in too much of bind. Mainly the clutch cable. It was harder to operate and it also seemed to change the lever position where the clutch engaged/diengaged. I put the stock bars back on - don't have the money I want to spend nor the inclination to change out the cables right now.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Try the 'superbike' bar. The only thing that can cause a problem is the gas tank getting hit with low bars.

DT

·
Super Moderator
11,959 Posts

I put some dirt bike handlebars on mine just to see how I liked lower bars. I liked 'em fine, but it put the cables in too much of bind. Mainly the clutch cable. .

You need to re-route the cable, or shorten it. This sometimes is a trial and error thing. I have put lower bars on a few bikes and had to get creative on routing...

KM

·
Registered
140 Posts
ive been thinkin the same thing for a loooong time. (right now my 750 is in the basement in pieces though) ;)

can we get some pics?

·
Registered
306 Posts

I put some dirt bike handlebars on mine just to see how I liked lower bars. I liked 'em fine, but it put the cables in too much of bind. Mainly the clutch cable. It was harder to operate and it also seemed to change the lever position where the clutch engaged/diengaged. I put the stock bars back on - don't have the money I want to spend nor the inclination to change out the cables right now.
NO there was no need to shorten the cables as the height and width were near perfect matches for the stock bars.

·
Registered
722 Posts
On mine I had to get creative on re-routing the cables like Knifemaker said.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Scoop,check out CD Thayers VN750 choppers site there is a white one on there with beach comber style bars on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts