Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to relocate my turn signals, to make room for some saddlebags. I was thinking about trying to switch to halogen turn signals. Are there any mods that I need to do for this. Are they any brighter? What options would you suggest for an aftermarket turn signal? Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
I never heard of using halogen lights for turn signals. LED lights yes, halogen no. I did use halogen lights for driving lights... They are brighter per watt than regular incandescent lights... But I don't think they are well suited to blinking on and off as they run hotter and may fatigue sooner if they don't get a chance to reach a specific operating tempature.

LED lights require a different blinker unit, but can be very bright too... And use alot less power.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, is the blinker unit easy to change? Any suggestions on where to get the new blinker unit? After changing that, is it the same as wiring the stock signals? If that is all that is involved, that sounds like the way to go.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Yes, its plug and play. You can check auto parts stores for them. Most newer cars with led signals use them. You can also check eBay for them.

After you hook that up, its business as usual for hooking up lights.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I'll look into that next week. Guess that means that I have to change the front to led, also? More shopping.:)

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
I wish someone made red lenses for the Vulcan, so I could convert my rear signals to running lights. It is illegal in my state to use amber lights in the rear for anything but turn signals. My, uh, American made motorcycle has red rear signals/running lights.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts