Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Kufbass
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyong had tried using these h4 led headlights they sell on ebay. instead of using 55/60 watts they use around 6 watts. They sound like they would be a good alternative for cutting down wattage. Also was wondering if they are bright as a regular bulb. They use something like 120 leds. Plus they are cheap for led. They also have around a 50,000 hour lifespan. I don't think that bike has that much of a lifespan LOL!!!

·
Kufbass
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So I need the laser induced high output liquid crystal plutonics with cold infusion drivers coupled with a flux capacitor. They should be advanced enough for the Vulcan 750 LOL!!!!! What do you mean advanced enough?? I have a led flash light that has a very high output light. So I think they might be worth looking into if you want to save some wattage. I was not trying to offend you,but I was just trying to throw out some humor. Just was not sure what you meant. Here is one that is for sale on ebay:
2 Car H4 120 SMD LED Head Light Headlight Bulb Lamp 12V
Here is a video on youtube of the bulb:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xRncE2iFbM

·
Registered
450 Posts
They are bright, in fact legaly blinding. But they don't have enuff spread. They are great for up to 10 feet, after that you got nothing. If they are cheap, get them to try if you like. But, I promise you they won't stay in as your primary drive light at night.

·
Kufbass
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well led might be a good replacement for the brake light bulbs and the turn signal bulbs. Anyone know the size of these bulbs,or the model numbers? I think that these might work:
1156 BULB 2 PIECES 50 SMD CAR LED BACKUP REVERSE TAIL LIGHT 12V WHITE L-1189

·
Registered
450 Posts
You need two 1157's in red for the tail. White works but some of the light output cancels out by the red housing, red led is best on red housing.

Signals, not sure what bulbs, most likely 1156 rear signals and 1157 front signals and go with amber on those stock lenses.

·
Kufbass
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the size's. Found the bulbs I need. I should reduce the total wattage from the light bulbs way down. Even if the headlights don't work, the break lights and turn signals will reduce alot. The led bulbs take 4 watts compared to 27.

·
Registered
145 Posts
youtube has some good videos of the new led headlights by harley davidson look alot brighter than compared to stock

·
Dual Sport idiot
24 Posts
Yup, gotta agree with slim. Lots of trucks up north here using them. They work great but good ones will run close to $300 each. Not really worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I didn't say they can't, I said they are not there yet! Ones on hummers are tested and tuned as an assembly to replace. A simple drop in bulb will not work well. Example, hummer ones are aimed one way with low angle left hitting reflector. As for a drop in bulb, most of the leds are hitting the reflector. Then you got laser led's etc. They are not "there" yet for drop in replacements........

·
Kufbass
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I know you said they cost $300 to make the hummer ones,but is that USA price or China? They won't come in for like 30 days,because comming from China. Hey for $7 I am going to order them. I will let you guys know how they work. I did find the replacement led amber bulbs and red bulbs. They should work good for the turn signals and the brake lights. I am going to led this bike out!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
:smiley_thi was looking at those two , i might also try them, dont ride a night much but if they are brighter it might change

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
This seems like it is discussed daily over on the Honda ATV Forum.From what I gather led's have came a long way in the last few years,a lot of guys are running them Off Road and the HID lighting is good stuff too,I look for more improvement and lower prices on both over the next few years.

I remember when Halogen sealed beams looked bright as the noon day sun compared to regular sealed beams and I won't even talk about when every body went from six to twelve volts.A lot of water has run under the bridge since I started playing this game.:smiley_th

·
Kufbass
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am just looking to reduce the wattage out of my lights. I have alot of extra lighting on my bike that drains my battery like crazy. I was looking at the turn signals,and am not sure if you need a extra resister for them. I guess due to hyper flash. The headlights seem like a good thing. Don't know yet what to do. If you can post some reviews from the honda sight, that would be helpful. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I am just looking to reduce the wattage out of my lights. I have alot of extra lighting on my bike that drains my battery like crazy. I was looking at the turn signals,and am not sure if you need a extra resister for them. I guess due to hyper flash. The headlights seem like a good thing. Don't know yet what to do. If you can post some reviews from the honda sight, that would be helpful. Thanks!!
without searching a lot, here is one with some links to lighting kits,mostly led.you can get an Idea of how far they have come with them,since the little clip on your hat deal,
http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/honda-rancher/20534-lighting-options.html

·
Kufbass
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
These bulbs look good on Amazon. They had all good reviews except for one person. That one person said they did not work. I bet he did not try to reverse the polarity.
2pcs 1157 Bay15D 18 SMD 5050 LED STOP BRAKE TAIL LIGHT BULBS 12V-RED
These bulbs look good for the turn signals. I noticed in the reviews a guy had good luck with them in his Harley.
Pair of 19 LED Car Auto Lamp Light Turn Tail Bulbs 1157 - Yellow

·
Kufbass
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 26 Posts