Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this seller on eBay. I purchased the 100/90 Zenon blue and really like the light output. The only problem is road signs are so bright reflecting the light at night, it's distracting.

Zenon H4 on eBay

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
x2 on the road signs! but man what a difference. mine lights up way in front and both sides of the road, the lighting is a little different but I wouldnt want to go back to the regular bulb for nothing now!

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
whats with the .99 cents. are these the bulbs that go in the conversion with the ballast?

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I bought mine from Moto Lume. They are the company formerly known as Lumenez, Recomended by Ron and others

just my $0.02

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Check out this seller on eBay. I purchased the 100/90 Zenon blue and really like the light output. The only problem is road signs are so bright reflecting the light at night, it's distracting.

Zenon H4 on eBay

I thought any bulb with more output than 60/55 watts would melt our plastic housing.
How do you get away burning a 100 watt bulb?:confused:

·
Super Moderator
11,817 Posts
I thought any bulb with more output than 60/55 watts would melt our plastic housing.
How do you get away burning a 100 watt bulb?:confused:
Say whaaat? Lol

Vulcans have glass reflectors and glass lenses... Pretty hard to melt those.

However... Some bikes, like my FJR... Use plastic lenses and plastic reflectors...100w bulbs could conceivably melt the plastic, but only the "bucket"
is plastic on the Vulcan, so you'd need a pretty hot bulb to start cooking that.;)

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Say whaaat? Lol

Vulcans have glass reflectors and glass lenses... Pretty hard to melt those.

However... Some bikes, like my FJR... Use plastic lenses and plastic reflectors...100w bulbs could conceivably melt the plastic, but only the "bucket"
is plastic on the Vulcan, so you'd need a pretty hot bulb to start cooking that.;)
OK, so I generically called it a "housing", when the plastic part is actually called the "bucket".:)
I just remembered Ron/lance saying one time, to avoid using bulbs with wattage over 60/55 because there was an expensive plastic part in there that could melt.:(

I`m not personally familiar with the inside of the headlight bucket.
Have not yet had the need to get in there. Only know it from diagrams.

·
Super Moderator
11,817 Posts
I`m not personally familiar with the inside of the headlight bucket.
Have not yet had the need to get in there. Only know it from diagrams.
Well perhaps it's time to open it up and have a look.... Guessing yours be a bit dirty and needs a cleaning.......;)

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was under the impression that any thing higher than the 60/55 bulb was not good because of the electrical system. So I guess I was wrong?
I changed out the stop / tail with LED's to trade off some watts.

DT

·
Registered
802 Posts
So how are these in traffic? If you're stopped at a light with a car in front of you, is the driver of that car blinded by the light (random Springsteen reference) from their mirrors?

With all the bad publicity we're getting down here from sport bikers, pissing off more drivers is the last thing I want to do.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went out with my brother last weekend and rode behind him in daylight with high beam. He couldn't believe how bright it was in daytime.

I suspect low beam is no more annoying at night than HID lighting is for oncoming drivers.

DT

·
Banned
448 Posts
I didn't realize Springsteen did a cover of the Manfred Man's Earth Band song. :)
But I could be wrong........

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Does this light work on a VN700A1 ? Or is it just for newer bikes? Gotta website to view the info on?
Thanks !

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
I have never been brighted yet with my hid on at night, its bright as heck but no more disturbing than them little sports cars burning their superbright offblue headlights!

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts