Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Just wondering,
Has anyone ever carried a rifle on their back while riding? Or some kind of a case?

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
I've carried my guitar on my back before. Its in a gig bag so it has straps like a backpack. Not as fun as you would think. It is just one more thing to think about. Never tried a long gun on the bike but I imagine it is similar.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah right! I don't have any soft-shell cases for my instruments, but I do for my guns!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Never tried a long gun on the bike before. I regularly have my pistol with me though. Granted, that's completely different and a lot easier to carry.

Just guessing, but doing so might draw a lot of unwanted attention even if it is properly cased.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,734 Posts
Hey Just wondering,
Has anyone ever carried a rifle on their back while riding? Or some kind of a case?
don't know what state you live in, but here in Ohio, you would be able to carry that rifle on your back as "open carry". but you would not be able to ride your motorcycle with it on your back. I know some on here have put their rifles on the handlebars and rode that way. I have ridden with my rifle in a case, unloaded, strapped to the luggage rack behind the seat. I can legally carry my rifle on my motorcycle like that in Ohio.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like Wolfies pick! I need to check though about carrying it on my back for my state...
Thanks for all the input everyone!

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
In WW2, many bikes had hard scabbards mounted to the front forks....theory was that the rider could stop, then quickly pull the rifle out if needed. The Soviets tried it with SKS carbines, and didnt work well, because the SKS had a floating firing pin and on rough roads would often discharge a round, lol.
And ya, my sig pic is way cool....but its Dave Mann fantasy art...think...the muzzle is pointed at the vehicle behind you...dont think that'd go over well. Muzzle needs to be pointed down.
Dunno if they still carry em, but Cabella's used to have hard scabbards that mounted to ATC and trail bike forks.

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts