Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was parking at the local Taco Smell ,shut my bike off and heard something familiar sounding.

I looked coming up the street behind me and there it was,my old 750 ,hammered down. I stood there and watched it go by, turn the corner and head out to rte.40 I was putting my stuff away and getting ready to go in for a burrito and I heard it again ,sure enough it was coming back.

The woman I sold it to pulled up behind me and shut it off.she got off and proceeded to tell me how much she loved it.Mind you this woman is about 5'1" and about 110 lbs.I looked at it and she had put about 3600 miles on it since last Aug.

I was checking it out and she said "you wanna ride it again" ? That was a silly question ,I still thought it was sharp and looked fast just sitting there.

Forget the burrito,I was on that bike like ugly on ape.Ran it down the road a mile or two and hammered on it coming back,Man I had forgotten just how much fun that little bike is ,no effort just look and it seems to turn itself.I had a blast!!,Her old man want's her to get a Sportster I guess to match his Electr Glide,she says it ain't happening because nobody's Sportster around here has out run her yet.I just laughed and told her I knew what she meant....but if her old man talks her into buying a Sporty,I'll buy it back.I would love to own both bikes but couldn't afford both at the time I bought the 1500.She got on it and left like a wild child and I went for the burrito.

It was renewing an acquaintanceship with an old friend,Here is to hoping her ol' man wins this argument

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Made me smile denny, picturing you with a big curd eating grin while "hammering" the little bike. Hope you get the old girl back someday!

·
Registered
57 Posts
That's pretty awesome, don't hear of this happening too often! I'd love to hammer my old 500 vulcan again! lol.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
thats cool she let you take her for a spin!

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
That's awesome. Before I moved, the buddy I sold my 750 to stopped by and while I didn't ride it (his bike and all) I did sit on it. You never forget your first. I love that bike.

Awesome story brother...

·
Registered
802 Posts
Very nice of her to let you take it back out. :smiley_th

Haven't kept up with the PO on mine for a while. Sent an email with a pic of the new pipes and chrome side covers, but that was the last of it.

Sadly, I can't afford to keep two bikes either. And there's a really good deal on a Roadstar by the house.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
I had it made up not to make a frown, but a little bitty tear let me down... (song)
Ha, ha, Denny I started to reply with that earlier but didn't, good that you got to ride'r again anyway ...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts