Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I am working on build a 85 Vulcan with a 86 Vulcan 750 motor from the ground up, I bought this bike in pieces and incredibly (because I have very little knowledge about bikes) I have managed to get it almost all back together with just a few issues, one of them being the ground cable that is suppose to go to the motor. I don't know where the two locations to hook it up are, now I have the ground battery cable hooked up but I am having trouble wit this cable because it wasn't attached to anything I got the bike, it was just in a box of parts. I don't know the name of most technical things on the bike, as I said I just have common sense and it has got this far but I need to know where to hook up this wire. If ya'll could help me out I would be very grateful.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
SO I am working on build a 85 Vulcan with a 86 Vulcan 750 motor from the ground up, I bought this bike in pieces and incredibly (because I have very little knowledge about bikes) I have managed to get it almost all back together with just a few issues, one of them being the ground cable that is suppose to go to the motor. I don't know where the two locations to hook it up are, now I have the ground battery cable hooked up but I am having trouble wit this cable because it wasn't attached to anything I got the bike, it was just in a box of parts. I don't know the name of most technical things on the bike, as I said I just have common sense and it has got this far but I need to know where to hook up this wire. If ya'll could help me out I would be very grateful.
On the opposite side ( battery box ) of the battery ground cable you hooked up is a thru bolt to the right side of the battery box. The ground cable attaches there and is thru bolted to a bolt behind the coolant reservoir. On top of the transmission case you will see a casting with a round hole. The bolt to the left of it is where you ground the cable.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts