Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the foam grips on my 750. I read through the verses and it seems that ISO grips are the way to go (they do look nice!) but I went to ISO website and they don't even list grips for the Vulcan 750 (other "vulcan's" are listed though).

Any of your collective wisdom is appreciated.

·
Registered
721 Posts
kury 6180- just put them on- i like the wider and larger diameter grips are more comfy for my larger hands than the small stock grips

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
After wrecking my bike I picked up a used 06 VN750 that had grips that look just like the GoldWing Kurys and the wider levers, I have what I would call normal hands (not big, not small) and I would much rather have my old OEM grips and levers...
They are a bit fat to me and the wider lever combo sort of makes me have to stretch out the fingers to get the brake or clutch lever...
I just liked my old stock grips and levers better, but I wouldn't go through the trouble of buying new OEM grips and levers and changing them out for the difference...
I guess I just like feel good better than look good... Is that what old does to you...LOL...???

·
Registered
293 Posts
Somewhat going along with Old Dog's comment. They are FAT. I to don't have very big hands and I have to stretch a bit to get the levers. I am used to it now though, and it's never been a problem. The comfort far exceeds the small inconvenience of getting used to the reach for the levers. If you go to a group ride or bike night somewhere, someone will have them on their bike. Just ask if you can check out how they feel.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I went ahead and ordered a pair of them, powersportssuperstore had them on sale... $60 shipped so I went for it. I have larger hands so hopefully they'll work out for me. I'm not very fond of the wimpy foamish stock grips so its time to make a change.

Thanks for all the input fellas, I'll report back when I get them installed.

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
You'll love them. I'm putting them on our Harley's tomorrow. I also bought the new wider throttle boss for each, this is a great accessory.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts