Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh darn, my wife is heading back to school and needs to have the car to drive there, 25 miles. The truck gets 14mpg so I talked her into letting me get my first Vulcan. Owned 6 bikes in days gone by but back in the saddle after 25 years. I think I'm going to like it here....

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Welcome to the Vulcan madness chiller. And 14 mpg, why are you driving my truck ?....,oh never mind it`s still here.
Skim over the Vulcan verses so you have an idea of what is there when you need it. We also have a good list of stuff you will want to do in the link below.
Enjoy the ride here and on your new set of wheels.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
welcome to the madness chiller. if you have any problems or questians about the vulcan, just ask. there's nothing these great folks cant fix.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Oh darn, my wife is heading back to school and needs to have the car to drive there, 25 miles. The truck gets 14mpg so I talked her into letting me get my first Vulcan. Owned 6 bikes in days gone by but back in the saddle after 25 years. I think I'm going to like it here....
You will. I like how you swung that dude, nice work. Whatever gets you back in the saddle right? Welcome :D

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
Welcome to the best resource for your ride! If you've never taken the MSF basic rider's course, or have but find your skills a little rusty, I would highly recommend it. Even seasoned riders who've taken it say they learned something.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the nice welcome! This site reminds me of another group I belong to at regalgs.org. I know I'll like my new ride. I come to you as an electronic engineer with an ASE certification so I may be useful in some instances. My first order of business is to remove the carbs and give them a through going through and change all fluids. Like to have a good baseline to start with.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Welcome Chiller, No words of wisdom to offer up to you yet... but I am sure as time goes on we will be batting out questions and answers to each other on a regular basis.

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
Welcome to the club, remember you can only have fun riding the VN. You seem to have a lot of work coming up. Along with the fluids, clean up all the electrical connections, they cause a lot of problems on theis bike. If you have read any of the threads a simple volt meter is really needed to keep a close watch of the charging system.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the tips and welcomes folks. I look forward to my VN experience both here and on the road!

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
take a look at a mf battery and spline lube, the lube is really important since the factory failed to do it on many models!
welcome to the show!

·
2,530 Posts
I got back into riding for the same reason, good gas mileage. I rode about 70 miles round trip and my truck was getting a little better mileage than yours at 18mpg. Now 2 years later I only work about 1-1/2 miles from my house, I miss the long rides to work but I at least I get to keep the bike.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts