Registered
10 Posts
Thats pretty darn cool!

Hammer

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Whistle Clean, it rides pretty good. I fabricated an anti roll bar with rose jointed drop links attatched to the lower suspension arms so body roll going round corners is pretty limited. It will still do about 110mph but the acceleration is a little bit down compared to the bike, though I can still keep up with the rest of the guys on a ride out, unless we hit traffic!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Teasy said:
Hi Whistle Clean, it rides pretty good. I fabricated an anti roll bar with rose jointed drop links attatched to the lower suspension arms so body roll going round corners is pretty limited. It will still do about 110mph but the acceleration is a little bit down compared to the bike, though I can still keep up with the rest of the guys on a ride out, unless we hit traffic!
Did the entire project turn out the way you had hoped? Any other mods you would do or design differently if doing this again? How about selling a kit? Have you thought about that? Very nice design!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I work long hours as a welder, usually 70 to 80 hours a week days and nights so building a kit to sell is not a viable option for me time wise. This was my first attempt at trike building and I am extremely pleased with the outcome. I was orriginally going to use a solid rear axle which would essentially make it a hardtail but I decided to go for the more comfortable option plus I quite fancied the challenge of fabricating my own suspension set up. Everything about it works extremely well the only thing I wish I had done differently was a better paint job, but this has been rectified as I have just had all the panels airbrushed in two tone green with gold and black metal flake should have them fitted in a week or so.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Your a working man...no doubt about it! You really did a nice job on it and it would be a nice submission to motorcycle magazines who would no doubt give it wide exposure. As busy as you are I'm sure any time you have to enjoy riding it will be enjoyable.

Thanks again for posting the pics and answering my questions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No problem.Thank you for the welcome and thanks for the kind words about the trike. I only found this site by chance and after reading some of the material on here It will be a great help in the future. A wealth of information on the VN which is sadly lacking over here in the UK due to the rarity of the bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts