Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have a problem going to work with 2 traffic lights. they just wont turn for me, and typically i have to do a right and then a U turn then a left to get through the light, very bothersome. I saw this on one of the motorcycle part sites. Curious if anyone has one and what are the results.

http://www.greenlightstuff.com/trigger.html

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I bought one and found it helps on some lights. There will be alot of others chiming in soon, pro and cons for it. If you contact the town it is in sometimes you can get them to resdjust the sensitivity of the loop.
Good luck

·
Registered
28 Posts
There is one light as I leave work that would never turn green for me. Put one of the green light triggers on and it will turn right away now! Sure was risky running it, but it was the only way to get through it, other than going the long way home. :rockon:

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Light trigger

Try e-bai, sometimes you can find then much cheaper.

Rckmtn

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hizzo3 said:
I seem to have a problem going to work with 2 traffic lights. they just wont turn for me, and typically i have to do a right and then a U turn then a left to get through the light, very bothersome....
While you're waiting to get your trigger, try positioning your bike over the loop in the street, and put your side stand down on it while you're waiting for the light to change. Lean the bike over on the stand so the stand touches the pavement. It seems to help, by getting some metal down closer to the loop on the magnetic ones....

CD in Frederick, OK

·
Registered
10 Posts
Like Ol Poop said.

I had a green light trigger (magnet) and thought
it worked great! After loosing it to one of those
damn speed bumps, I realized what really worked
where the instructions that came with it. They
explained how to use the little lines in the road.
So, I paid the $13 buck for a little education, and
not the magnet maybe.

Get in the habit of stopping over those. It doesn't
help if you have stopped in the center. Stairing at
the lines won't trigger the light. :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts