Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A lot has been said about the Michigan ride next year, but we're here to say it's on! Since Michigan is known for it's abundance of water, what better ride then along one of it's great lakes. Looking to start and stay at the St. Clair Inn in St Clair Michigan located in the thumb right on the St Clair river. Great views of ships sailing by.

http://www.stclairinn.com/

We will meet up there and stay 2 nights. I'll try to get us together. Lots of great restaurants near by and right on the premises. We will take off north along m25 that hugs the east coast. Great turn offs to view Lake Huron. Not twisty, but beautiful. There are several lake towns along the way to stop for lunch or rest periods. We can head back the same way, or head inland for some great farm lands and rural vistas.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/312/Michigan/Ride-Round-the-Thumb.html

Will do more research before all is through, but will return to the hotel for dinner and maybe a drink or two. Or we can change it up at will. Remember Canada is just up the road, so that could be a ride on Friday, Get some good Canadian brews.

Date: August 22-24

So let's here from those of you up for a Michigan ride, then put it in your calendar and look forward to a great time. Buck eye bunch are you ready? :beerchug:

Brought to you by: Stone poet, M_Angell, and birdhunter02

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
august !

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
Tempting .... very very tempting

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
A lot has been said about the Michigan ride next year, but we're here to say it's on! Since Michigan is known for it's abundance of water, what better ride then along one of it's great lakes. Looking to start and stay at the St. Clair Inn in St Clair Michigan located in the thumb right on the St Clair river. Great views of ships sailing by.

http://www.stclairinn.com/

We will meet up there and stay 2 nights. I'll try to get us together. Lots of great restaurants near by and right on the premises. We will take off north along m25 that hugs the east coast. Great turn offs to view Lake Huron. Not twisty, but beautiful. There are several lake towns along the way to stop for lunch or rest periods. We can head back the same way, or head inland for some great farm lands and rural vistas.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/312/Michigan/Ride-Round-the-Thumb.html

Will do more research before all is through, but will return to the hotel for dinner and maybe a drink or two. Or we can change it up at will. Remember Canada is just up the road, so that could be a ride on Friday, Get some good Canadian brews.

Looking at 2 dates. August 22-24 or September 12-14.

So let's here from those of you up for a Michigan ride as to the best dates, then put it in your calendar and look forward to a great time. Buck eye bunch are you ready? :beerchug:

Brought to you by: Stone poet, M_Angell, and birdhunter02
Sounds like some advance decisive plans. WTG !

:smiley_th

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Man, which rides to do. Hmmm
One thought on a Canadian venture. Be sure you have your passport. It has been a requirement for a few years now to cross the border.
Or if you live in a boarder state you can get an enhanced ID to cross over instead of a passport. I have neither and I don't plan on getting one...unless of course someone else wants to pay for it lol.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man, which rides to do. Hmmm
One thought on a Canadian venture. Be sure you have your passport. It has been a requirement for a few years now to cross the border.
Not to worry. I can hide a few of you in my saddlebags...;)

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
The enhanced I'd is just a simplified version of a traditional passport. Yes there are options but I just wanted folks to be aware if they were planning on venturing across the border there are requirements beyond a drivers licence & a birth certificate anymore.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts
^ yup. what he said. lol

sure would love to take a ride up/over to the "Great White North", but I'm with M_Angel on this one, the wife and I don't have "passports" and that not going to change by then, unless, some one wants to pay for them. lol
also, the thing about getting over to Canada, is when riding a motorcycle, you have to take the bridge. they will NOT let you ride through the tunnels. now that being said, I not to sure how my wife would like that ride across the bridge. she has this thing about bridges.

as for the dates?.....I'm not a fan of riding in August, also I may have a ride/trip planned for the weekend before that in Aug., and I already have a trip/ride planned for the weekend before the date in Sept.. but I'm (as of right now) open for those dates and I'll see what I can do to make it.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
as for the dates?.....I'm not a fan of riding in August,
The last ride with Denny was in August and south of here. I thought that was a better time then prime time summer as vacations are usually on then. September is up for grabs, but waiting any longer and the weather is questionable.
It's our first try. Still a learning process.

So Ruger, I guess the Big Mac is out of the question? Lol

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts
The last ride with Denny was in August and south of here. I thought that was a better time then prime time summer as vacations are usually on then. September is up for grabs, but waiting any longer and the weather is questionable.
It's our first try. Still a learning process.

So Ruger, I guess the Big Mac is out of the question? Lol
yes it was in Aug., but I didn't pick the date either. lol also, remember, the wife and I didn't not ride (due to rain). I also, told Denny that there maybe a chance that the wife and I would not ride do to weather, too hot/too rainy.

the dates are fine. I will just have to adjust that's all. lol

now, as for the "Big Mac"......:confused:.....not knowing what you mean by that. :doh:

you are doing just fine will all this. it does take a little back and forth, but it will all workout! :beerchug:

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
dang...I wanted to do this ride when StonePoet talked about it a while back, but the camping thing was going to be tough.
Hotels sound much better...lol

I will try to put the time aside for this trip if I can make if there fron NJ. I am also keeping an eye on Rugers plans for the other ride, hoping to get them both in next year, so I will be scheduling my vacation time accordingly as soon as you guys iron out the dates.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts
dang...I wanted to do this ride when StonePoet talked about it a while back, but the camping thing was going to be tough.
Hotels sound much better...lol

I will try to put the time aside for this trip if I can make if there fron NJ. I am also keeping an eye on Rugers plans for the other ride, hoping to get them both in next year, so I will be scheduling my vacation time accordingly as soon as you guys iron out the dates.
yes, this ride sounds good. the wife and I would like to check out more of MI.. we've been up there a few times, but never on the bikes or the area that this would take place.

as for "Rugers plans", I take it you mean the "Buckeyes vs. the Wolf Pack" meet up. yes, that should be happening in June. the "VN750.com MI., Gathering", will/should be happening in either Aug. or Sept.. so, there should be a "meet up" at the start of the summer and a "Gathering" at the end of the summer and who the heck knows what will be in between. lol
but anyways, yes, I plan on making BOTH! this summer is going to be one heck of a summer for me. these are just 2 of many trips I have to plan for.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I'll give you a definite maybe,lol. At least by looking at the map, I only have to make one turn onto US 23 North and stay there....for a long time,lol.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
I'll give you a definite maybe,lol. At least by looking at the map, I only have to make one turn onto US 23 North and stay there....for a long time,lol.
I call that smooth sailing...but then again I have always been a fan of hitting the super slab.

·
Registered
509 Posts
The Ride

I say August before school starts.

Mcneuby :motorcycl

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
so, it's just not me. I have no problem with "super slabbing". lol
Me neither, my scoot has long legs,even if I don't. You ain't alone. I cover distance on the slab and have fun when I get where I am going.If you live where I do you would be looking for a straight stretch every now and then too .:)

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Ruger, the big Mac is the Mackinaw bridge to the upper peninsula. 5 miles long. Just joking. Would love to have you both on the ride. Lot's of great places up here. :motorcycl

1 - 20 of 52 Posts