Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

will you be attending this get together?

• yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • other- leave explanation in post

Votes: 3 25.0%
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK so birdhunter and I have been trying to get this gathering planned out. Right now we need some numbers on who is going to show. Depending on how many people we have there are a few choices for where to stay.

So here is the pertinent info:

Aug. 22-24

We are trying to keep this in lower Michigan to make the commute a little easier on all you out of towners. So once I get a final head count I'll post up a vote for lodgings. Bird and Ifound somewhere really cool but we need at least 12 people ( thats individuals, not couples lol) total to make it affordable. I have a feeling we can make that number this year.

Edit: if you vote this please post with your choice as well, I'd like to know who to contact for the next step.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
the wife and I will be there. that's 2 peeps. so you only need at least 10 more. lol although if I were to count Birddog, you and your wife, that puts us up to 5! so we are almost half way there! woo hoo! :pepper:

hey, why didn't you vote in your own poll? lol

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
explanation for the "other" vote. Barring anything unforeseen, it's a yes.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's correct ruger, 5 confirmed with bird. Denny would make 6 and that's half way there. I think my parents might be in as well so that would be 8. I'll be checking with them later today when I go over there to clean my rifles up.

The more people we get the cheaper option 1 becomes per night. Option 2 is a traditional motel so it doesn't matter how many people we get to go.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
That's correct ruger, 5 confirmed with bird. Denny would make 6 and that's half way there. I think my parents might be in as well so that would be 8. I'll be checking with them later today when I go over there to clean my rifles up.

The more people we get the cheaper option 1 becomes per night. Option 2 is a traditional motel so it doesn't matter how many people we get to go.
sounds like you using a page out of my playbook! lol I don't know what you're up to, but I like it! :rockon:

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds like you using a page out of my playbook! lol I don't know what you're up to, but I like it! :rockon:
Lol let's see how many we can get to sign up before we get too excited. Option 1 is much nicer, but it is also a little more expensive than option 2. Once more people chime in and vote I'll post more details about lodging.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
other- leave explanation in post.

Unless Wife and I happen to be traveling in the area, we will not be attending....sorry. No exact plans yet.

:smiley_th

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Lol let's see how many we can get to sign up before we get too excited. Option 1 is much nicer, but it is also a little more expensive than option 2. Once more people chime in and vote I'll post more details about lodging.
I'm all about cheap,lol. Did you consider calling the motel and asking if they will give a discounted rate for a block of rooms?some times for 5 or more rooms you can get a discounted rate.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I'm all about cheap,lol. Did you consider calling the motel and asking if they will give a discounted rate for a block of rooms?some times for 5 or more rooms you can get a discounted rate.
Don't know about Motels, but many retailers offer 10 % discount for over 50 or 55 y/o.....

Worth a shot.....

EDIT: fyi : Search the subject....come up with 200 + ? retailers .... I doubt if all are true....but is a worthwhile read....& give 'em a shot.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Don't know about Motels, but many retailers offer 10 % discount for over 50 or 55 y/o.....

Worth a shot.....

I play that card a lot,:beerchug:

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
I can do this lower Michigan thing, your talking no past the bridge lower Michigan at least that's what I think lower Michigan pertains too

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol southern Michigan.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
bj73102 and wife said they want to go too. so are we up to 12 people yet? the suspense is killing me!

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its close...

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
Its close...
I won't say for sure, but it would be cool to ride up that way.
I want to make this a summer of riding!!!!
come on Kanuck69, can't you just say that you are so we can be at 12 people already and M_Angell can spill the beans already!!!!! :doh: lol

yeah, that's what the wife been saying all winter long..........then she went and got herself a 2nd job and she will be working for the weekends all summer long! :doh::doh:

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bump!

1 - 20 of 116 Posts