Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Which one? Are they both bleeder valves? Thanks...
Yep, both of 'em are brake bleeders.

EDIT: I was refering to both those with the hex on them (left & right).
The other one, towards the bottom is not a bleeder. The parts fiche doesn't even show the rubber boot, but I suspect it may just be a cover for an access hole, incase you need to push the caliper arm out??

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
There is a bleeder on each caliper that has a rubber cap (the upper on in your pictures).

The other rubber cap that is lower down from the beeder valve is a seal for the sliding pin on the caliper. I would not recommend removing this unless you are removing the calipers to install new brake pads or service them because one of your brake pads is wearing down faster than another which can be due to a stuck caliper

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Just to clarify some things..
There are no grease fittings at all on the VN750 that I am aware of.
Now there are some we would like to have, like for the splines.. but.. no..

*L* Brings to mind a forum discussion I saw recently...
http://www.hdforums.com/m_2027182/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Oh and Hiker, I didn't mean to hijack your thread

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I HAVE A GREASE NIPPLE FITTED FOR LUBING MY REAR/FRONT SPLINES AND UJ, I JUST FILL THE WHOLE SHAFT TUBE AND THEY LUBE THEMSELVES HAVE A LOOK http://www.vn750.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=615&size=big&cat=500&ppuser=1321&sl=e
OH I CHECKED OUT THAT DISCUSION IN YOUR LINK - HE COULD HAVE JUST REMOVED THE SIDE PLUG (OIL SCREEN CAP) AND DRAINED THE OIL THROUGH THAT .. NO BIGGY.. BUT IS IT JUST COINCIDENCE TWO PEOPLE THAT ......... LIVING NEXT DOOR TO EACH OTHER. ONE TO SUGEST IT .THE OTHER TO DO IT. AS MR FOXWORTHY WOULD SAY 'HERE'S YOUR SIGN' LOL.

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Funny Chit!!! JB... The fix all! ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Edalbris ....Tell me more about filling the hollow spline shaft with grease. Could I remove the four bolts oon the hollow spline shaft cover and slide it back a bit torwards the engine, compressing the rubber booth, and stick a flexible tubing inside to fill with lithium grease. THis should keep some kind of lubrication in there and prevent dry splines from wearing out. What do you think. I could never understand why Kawasaki could not put in a grease fitting in as you did and solve the spline wear out problem.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
The Hardly link gets even better after they ban BB.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Geez... I picked the wrong day to read that HD thread. I ran across the posting about it in this thread this morning after 4 hours of sleep and getting called into work 4 hours early. I'm a little punchy to begin with, and reading that thread brought tears to my eyes.

Hat's off to ya, BB!

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts