Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to get that graphite tape that seals the connections from head pipes to goat and from goat to muffler? Suggestions for something better? Welding isn't an option for a few weeks.

·
Clint '89
183 Posts
What is the problem specifically. Rusted out exhaust?
Any auto store will sell silicon polymer exhaust putty. You could then wrap the pipes with exhaust wrapping. I was thinking of doing this until I can degoat, I guess it blocks a lot of heat.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The "stuff" under my right muffle is just torn apart, wire mesh exposed and all. It just wasn't the same after regoating. It's leaking and I'm not a big fan of sucking fumes at stop lights.

·
Clint '89
183 Posts
Put new 'stuff' on it, try ebay for used parts, your local dealer, or even the swap forum here after you decide what you want to do if you have a question just ask in clear terms :). Try a forum search: "patching exhaust," ask about replacments in a new thread, you'll.probably have to spend money either way.

-CS

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, the stuff in your pic might work for for now. I guess I'm just wondering what kind of stuff people use for the seals when they buy aftermarket muffler, or even the scootworks bypass kit. Off into the deeps of the forums....

·
Clint '89
183 Posts
Thanks for the info, the stuff in your pic might work for for now. I guess I'm just wondering what kind of stuff people use for the seals when they buy aftermarket muffler, or even the scootworks bypass kit. Off into the deeps of the forums....
I have a stock exhaust, its just clamped the muffler is open on one end so theres really no back pressure to force it between the joints. Kits would come with everything required for smooth operation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts