Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a member for over a year now. I have heard of the grambon trick but never read up on it just skimmed it . Im not very confident when it comes to working on my bike but with such a wealth of info I had no problem. Took like 5 min. and the tick went away. Also did the marlble thing too. A lot less popping during decel and its also starting up alot easier. If it says nice enough outside I might try the stator adjustment. Thank you so much.:beerchug:

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
Good for you for gettin' into your bike's workings. It's a good feeling to fix something yourself. Keep at it. Someday you may get yourself out of a road side jam by knowing how stuff works.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
No offense to Grambo,, it does work, but if your ACCTs are worn, it won't work for long. It is more usefull as a test to make sure what the problem is. If the noise goes away temporarily, and comes back right away, then you need to switch to MCCTs. You can also do the opposite, and turn the little screw counterclockwise to advance the tensioner and make the noise go away, but again if the tensioner is worn out, the plunger will back out by itself, and the noise will come back.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Theres not many miles on my bike so that may be why it worked for me. My appologies to Grambo. Sorry for meesing up the name.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts