Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there are several threads on here about about to get juice from the battery to a GPS.

I saw this simple attachment for sale - Battery Tender 081-0069-8 Female Cigarette Adaptor for Quick Disconnect by Battery Tender.

Can something this simple work?!

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
The trick is where to keep it from rattling around. I found some Velcro wire holders and ran the wire up to the handlebars from under the tank and I Velcro the adapter to the handle bars.

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
That is basically what I made in my GPS Mount thread that is stickied at the top. I took that battery tender connection and soldered it to a cigarette adapter. Cool that you can just buy one now. :)

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
That is basically what I made in my GPS Mount thread that is stickied at the top. I took that battery tender connection and soldered it to a cigarette adapter. Cool that you can just buy one now. :)
I actually made mine the same way you did about 3 years ago because I already had the parts laying around. I like that fact that it is easily removed when not needed.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
yup! that's what I use!

I posted pic's on here last year of it on the VN750 with my tankbag. now if I could only find that thread and post the link.

here it is......
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17298

and yes, these are the BEFORE pic's. lol that's what the tank used to look like, but now it's "costumized". :( :doh: lol

·
Registered
441 Posts
does it pull any off the battery if nothing is plugged in.. I would like to leave it connected to the pigtail and only disconnect when i put the charger on

·
Registered
167 Posts
Really, really dumb question- I have never bumped into a pigtail for a bike battery. What do those look like/which one would fit into this connector?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Only pulls if something is connected to complete the circuit, otherwise it's just two wires connected to each side of the battery.

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I just ordered one from Amazon - the shipping is about $10 cheaper than ordering from the Battery Tender web site!!!

By the way, that's also where I order my oil filters!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts