Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my parts from Ron Ayers finnaly got here. Tell you one thing. I've never been so happy to see a fedex man before. For a while i was afraid i would have to wait till next weekend to do all my work, but this weekend its all getting done. Got the whole 9 yards on the stator gaskets and so on for the final chapter on my TOC cover. Mine was a unique situation though, that will be in another write up come sunday or so. Also received my new tires as well. Man those Me880's look sick :rockon: That is some deep tread. I also like how the contact patch will let me put as much lean as i could ever feel safe with in. i need to celebrate.:beerchug:

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Well my parts from Ron Ayers finnaly got here....
.... I need to celebrate.:beerchug:
When I was getting alot of machinist tools from eBay, I was always more happy when I saw the Fedex Women pull up !!
Haven't seen her around lately though :confused:

Here's to getting your parts !!

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, ex wont let me use the camera i bought her. man that thing was sweet. 6MP cannon. :( guess i will have to look around for another to do my shots.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, got a camera now... dissassembly pic/instructions will be taken in reverse so bear with me if i get a few backwards lol...

·
Avid Rider
279 Posts
With this weather (lots of rain) Hizzo, you picked a great time to get some bike work done. I haven't been out riding for about 5 days (partly due to being out of town over the weekend), and it's killing me...:(

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i have the AX-1 rain gear, which i love. As long as its not flooding, hail or bad winds, i would still be riding out there. I cant wait for sunny days though :p

·
Registered
415 Posts
Speaking of rain gear, does anyone use an oilskin duster? When riding? Are they practical? I love the way they look and I know they work well for horseback riding.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Speaking of rain gear, does anyone use an oilskin duster? When riding? Are they practical? I love the way they look and I know they work well for horseback riding.
I used a nylon type duster for my very first heavy rain ride (which wasn't planned as such !).
It worked pretty good, but the lower part (even with the leg straps attached) still flopped around in the wind a good bit, and it didn't keep too much rain off my legs.
If, while riding the streetbike, your legs were down (like while riding a horse), they'd probably work great. But with your legs extended out infront of ya, not quite so good.
If worn with chaps, it'd be alot better.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its going, the stator looked great when i pulled it out (had about 2500 miles on it). Its just when I got my TOC cover (Not their fault at all... and i will explain later) it leaked. After going threw several qts of oil i decided to ground her untill i get it fixed. This should be this weekend. Then i will do some additional lighting to test out loading an so forth. still figuring out how to get a temp probe on the stator. I may just mod a gasket later on to get it to work....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts